Cowboys to interview Marquand Manuel (jets safety coach) for dc

_sturt_

Reaction score
Between this and the assurance that Durde has received serious consideration, something more than 51% of me now is persuaded they're leaning toward the Young DC + Old Senior Advisor model.

Rayman70

Reaction score
this guy might have a better chance than Durde due to his MM connection. The interview may go like this:
G_JYhX.gif

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Here’s your fresh and new although not too young at 44

This and the Durde interview make the interview of Zimmer, Ryan, and Rivera.

I think it is going to young guy at DC and an experienced person serving as a senior advisor. Zim, Ryan, and Rivera maybe aren't so into the grind of DC with the long days. Particularly since none of them will get another shot as a head coach.

This, honestly, makes a ton of sense.

I don't want a retread. But there is no denying that those older former coaches have a ton of wisdom to provide. My guess is that Zimmer is getting the senior position. People can complain about him but he showed his chops after he left Dallas.

exciter

Reaction score
Does this suggests Zimmer not a.fit, wants too much personnel power..or too pricey ?
Believe it was mentioned somewhere else they were looking at Zimmer as a defensive consultant position!

Rayman70

Reaction score
nothing screams status quo like a Rivera hire. Lets hope for better. For those Dallas media members wanting Rivera that work for the team, they are shameful. Guess job security is king for them too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty obvious that Cowboys fans are so sour and butt hurt that there’s absolutely nothing anyone with or on the team can do that won’t be criticized.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Id welcome a Marquand Manuel hire, at least that would show they are trying to change.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think it’s pretty obvious that Cowboys fans are so sour and butt hurt that there’s absolutely nothing anyone with or on the team can do that won’t be criticized.
until we win when it matters,yes. The level of distrust is off the charts and you really cant blame the fans for that.

exciter

Reaction score
This guy followed Quinn from seattle to Atlanta…seems like a continuation of what Quinn’s philosophy is on defense at first glance. Will have to look more into him. Don’t think he’s a serious candidate but you never know. Also played for McCarthy
He’s was the Falcons DC in 2017 and 18. They finished 9th and 8th for those 2 seasons. I’d say he’s a legitimate candidate!

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
He’s was the Falcons DC in 2017 and 18. They finished 9th and 8th for those 2 seasons. I’d say he’s a legitimate candidate!
I don’t mean bc of his credentials I mean because I don’t think the cowboys hire him

Gambit

Reaction score
This guy followed Quinn from seattle to Atlanta…seems like a continuation of what Quinn’s philosophy is on defense at first glance. Will have to look more into him. Don’t think he’s a serious candidate but you never know. Also played for McCarthy
Has coached under Selah as well. Was DB coach under Quinn for Legion of Boom.