Cowboys to interview Marquand Manuel (jets safety coach) for dc

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
nothing screams status quo like a Rivera hire. Lets hope for better. For those Dallas media members wanting Rivera that work for the team, they are shameful. Guess job security is king for them too.
While I agree with what you are saying my friend, I cant hold them at too much fault here.

I mean, if Jerry Jones signs your paycheck, then you pretty much got no choice but to toe the company line unless you want to be unemployed and in this current economy nobody wants to be unemployed.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Funny all I read on here was how they only want old retreads. Then they finally show interest in a younger guy who is part of a young staff that has a very good D and we abuse it. It looks to me that they are finally casting a wide net. I'd like to see them look into coaches on the KC staff under Spags too.
Hey, we've got some edgy posters here.

Big_D

Reaction score
This seems like the first time we’ve seen an interview process this thorough!! I don’t even remember the last time even for a HC. So it will really be interesting to see who gets hired at this point.

NDGAEDE

Reaction score
I have to think Manuel was a guy that nfl people were recommending they interview. Then it's also a guy that McCarthy has worked with and is familiar with Quinn's defense style.
Exactly. There are several legitimate reasons we would be interested in Manuel, even beyond the fact that he has done the job before and is fully qualified to do it again.

CowboysLakerBamaFan

Reaction score
Does the Rooney Rule apply to all coaches, or just for head coaches?
I don't know...but I DO know that if another team hires your coordinator as a head coach, and that coordinator is a minority, then your team gets a 3rd round pick. (Actually, maybe a PAIR of 3rd round picks, though they come at end of the 3rd round, so ur talking about picks in the 100 range)

blueblood70

Reaction score
This guy followed Quinn from seattle to Atlanta…seems like a continuation of what Quinn’s philosophy is on defense at first glance. Will have to look more into him. Don’t think he’s a serious candidate but you never know. Also played for McCarthy
yeah but whoever he's been coaching under it with The Jets organization I'm pretty impressed with The Jets defense being able to play as well as they could with the trash offense... They seemed to play hard and they had some pride in what they did and if we can get a little of that why not that's what the interview is for they're asking this kid what he might do if he was hired here....

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May not like their choices, but can't say they're not doing their due diligence.

_sturt_

Reaction score
Would passing game coordinator represent a promotion that permits hiring someone else's guy, or does it have to be an interview for DC?