Cowboys to leave door open for a FA RB?

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones is leaving the door open for the team to add a free agent running back if needed.

It's perhaps worth noting that Joseph Randle fumbled in team drills in front of reporters in Wednesday's practice. Darren McFadden (hamstring) remains on the shelf, and Lance Dunbar recently needed X-rays on his ankle. "We would have liked to have added a young running back to that group," said Jones. "The situation didn't present itself in the draft, so we didn't get that done. We probably missed out there. ... There's backs out there that I think still have some gas left in their tank, and if we need to go get one, we'll go get one."

Source: Jon Machota on Twitter

Thanks for finally noticing the dire situation SJ and JJ.....

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think the situation is far from dire, obviously management feels the same way. If it was a dire situation they'd have drafted for a RB, or traded for one, or brought in some of the free agents out there.

Silver N Blue

Reaction score
The quotes suggest its a dire situation at RB?

What part of what SJ said, indicated to you, that the situation at RB is a dire need?

The words "if we need to get one" instantaneously elminates anything close to dire

thie part below seems pretty "dire" to me......i never said he said that ...i said that...

Joseph Randle fumbled in team drills in front of reporters in Wednesday's practice. Darren McFadden (hamstring) remains on the shelf, and Lance Dunbar recently needed X-rays on his ankle

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The quotes suggest its a dire situation at RB?

What part of what SJ said, indicated to you, that the situation at RB is a dire need?

The words "if we need to get one" instantaneously elminates anything close to dire

I think dire comes from having one guy to play the role at this point.

They had to put Clutts in on third down because Seastrunk and Gus Johnson can't do it.

When you're down to Randle and Clutts, it's a clear wake up call to do something.

Hailmary

Reaction score
thie part below seems pretty "dire" to me......i never said he said that ...i said that...

Joseph Randle fumbled in team drills in front of reporters in Wednesday's practice. Darren McFadden (hamstring) remains on the shelf, and Lance Dunbar recently needed X-rays on his ankle

I don't think it's dire. It's precautionary measures with dmc, Dunbar's injury doesn't seem serious and rbs are going to fumble.

dallasdave

Reaction score
Cowboys VP Stephen Jones is leaving the door open for the team to add a free agent running back if needed.

It's perhaps worth noting that Joseph Randle fumbled in team drills in front of reporters in Wednesday's practice. Darren McFadden (hamstring) remains on the shelf, and Lance Dunbar recently needed X-rays on his ankle. "We would have liked to have added a young running back to that group," said Jones. "The situation didn't present itself in the draft, so we didn't get that done. We probably missed out there. ... There's backs out there that I think still have some gas left in their tank, and if we need to go get one, we'll go get one."

Source: Jon Machota on Twitter

Thanks for finally noticing the dire situation SJ and JJ.....

Good news on the home front.

dallasdave

Reaction score

Well said, stay thirsty my friend. :laugh:

Bowdown27

Reaction score
Like others said if it was dire they would have drafted a rb at some point.