Twitter: Cowboys to meet QB Jeff Driskel

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only time this team gets serious about roster upgrades is at cornerback. They'll jump at an opportunity like with Lamb or Dalton or Parsons but their plans are always to throw slop at all needs so they can invest their real resources at corner.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
Gilbert doesn’t have any mobility but I think he has the best arm on the team. Unfortunately I can’t see he and Driskel both making the team. Nooch will be our PS guy.

plasticman

Reaction score
I would have preferred someone drafted by the Cowboys in about the 3rd to 5th round in his 3rd or 4th year with the team. Dak goes down, this guy knows the system, knows the players. He is motivated by the fact that he can be showcased to other teams since his rookie contract ends either that year or the next.

If he should succeed then the Cowboys can trade him the following season and reap huge rewards.

I would really like to see the Cowboys make a commitment to draft a Quarterback about every three years in the midrange of the draft. I've always considered 6th and 7th rounders to be an exercise in futility unless they have a really great and exclusive scouting info on him. Perhaps its someone that graded out much much higher on their board. And, yes, I'm including Brady in that group.

Home grown QB backups seem to make a lot more sense in terms of familiarity, salary, and especially potential.

That's what they did when they drafted Dak. That turned out pretty good, don't you agree?

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Jerry and son just paid Dak like he's the best QB in the NFL. If he goes down, do you really think they want anyone showing up Dak? Maybe before his contract. Now? They'd rather waste two seasons.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
DiNucci doesn’t belong on an NFL roster. I have never seen worse mechanics by an NFL QB than his 1 start against Philly. His awkward sidearm throws were horrendous.

Garrett Gilbert had 1 start in his entire NFL career. Looked good for a half against the Steelers but turned to garbage in the 2nd half when they figured him out.

I am not a big fan of Driskel but I am OK with them turning over every stone to attempt to upgrade a backup QB situation that is probably the worst in the NFL. Besides we need some OTA and camp arms.

What great brains on the Cowboys coaching staff thought it was a good idea to allow the sidearm passes and the goofy, awkward backfield pedaling of DiNucci?
DiNucci was fun to see. Except for Cowboy fans.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I'll be intrigued when TC begins. Finally, we'll see what's what and who's who. Right now, the questions are way more abundant than the answers. Nobody really has a handle on what to expect. Preseason should be invaluable, in terms of learning what we may have in store. The changes to come should prove interesting, to say the least. ;)

Last edited:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Their not going to bring Mullens here! He is too much of a threat to make Dak look avg and Jerry look stupid. The sad part is its always about marketing and never about winning for Jerry.

Anytime the Cowboys do something it brings out the haters to crap on it. Not even willing to give the move a chance if it does happen.