Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No it didn't. Not by a long shot. He faced a ton of great pass rushers while learning a new position and was still a huge improvement over "leader" Doug Free.

Think we're just going to have to agree to disagree over Doug Free.

Regardless Fleming at this point is a better RT.

Derekmtl85

Reaction score
That would be a decent move IMO. Love the fact that fans know more than Alexander who has been an OC for 20 years. Yeah, if he's had a chance to watch the tape and gets a real chance to evaluate La'ell over some would-be arm chair OC I'm kinda good with that
I get what you're saying, but....do coach's never make bad decisions? Saying "oh the coach likes him so im fine with it" is not something any sports fan should follow.

For the record, i do like this move if it happens, just find that line of thinking weird.

Ken

Reaction score
Not sure Collins would be down with another move. The whole agreement with him coming here was for an opportunity to play tackle. He's going to want that tackle money one day.
Collins is one of the highest paid RTs in the league...

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
They still might, but now with those extra later round picks vice using another premium selection that could go to further revamping the D.

I have to say those extra later round picks seem to be growing in stature every day.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Think we're just going to have to agree to disagree over Doug Free.

Regardless Fleming at this point is a better RT.

8 sacks allowed by Doug Free in 2016.

5 sacks allowed by the "awful" tackle La'el Collins.

And Fleming? Your "better right tackle"? He allowed 6 sacks last year, despite not starting - due to injury - until week 15.

8 > 6 > 5

I don't know what axe you have to grind with Collins playing tackle, but it's misguided.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like a swing tackle candidate to me. This is a Cowboys type of signing.

Collins adapted well to RT last year. I don’t believe we’ll move him again.

I think you're totally right.

People are mistaking Archer's admitted speculation and running with it.

And now, the Patriots' #4 offensive tackle is "clearly better" than our starter...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So good it took a Marcus Cannon injury to put him on the field. He was a solid third on the depth chart until the midway point of the season last year.

4th actually. Behind Waddle too.

kskboys

Reaction score
But if you play well it means everything...that's the caveat..still comes down to how you play...otherwise the cred goes out the window. I get that. I like his cred and his upside..its a win win.
Larry Brown says otherwise.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
8 sacks allowed by Doug Free in 2016.

5 sacks allowed by the "awful" tackle La'el Collins.

And Fleming? Your "better right tackle"? He allowed 6 sacks last year, despite not starting - due to injury - until week 15.

8 > 6 > 5

I don't know what axe you have to grind with Collins playing tackle, but it's misguided.

Sacks are only part of the equation Stash. Pressures allowed is an important number as is run game blocking.

northerncowboynation

Reaction score
I get what you're saying, but....do coach's never make bad decisions? Saying "oh the coach likes him so im fine with it" is not something any sports fan should follow.

For the record, i do like this move if it happens, just find that line of thinking weird.

You find it weird that I'd trust an OC who has coached top 10 O-lines in both run and pass blocking and not some whiny assed fan. Why?

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
He grew up in Houston so maybe he would like to play at home (sort of) in Texas.

Seems like a solid upgrade from bell and greens performance last year. I would be concerned if they overpay for him and then think he is the right tackle and collins is the left guard and they do not draft a guard or a tackle in april.

He has experience in coming as the third tight end in New England Like Dallas did with looney the past two years and jeremy parnell the year before.

also interesting he played for Mike Bloomgren at stanford who had previously worked as the assistant under Bill Callahan with the jets. So the system is probably similar...assuming anderson keeps the same principles.

I still think collins is a better guard and got beat a bunch at tackle last year. I was under the assumption he was not getting moved again so this is interesting anyway.

Last edited: