visionary

Reaction score
This year
636409217431839070-DG5.jpg

lol
Thx for the laugh

TWOK11

Reaction score
Get to know him. You will one day worship him.

2560073.jpg

RASHAAN EVANS
LB ALABAMA

GRADE: Off the charts

OVERVIEW
Wow

ANALYSIS

STRENGTHS
Everything

WEAKNESSES
None

DRAFT PROJECTION

March

SOURCES TELL US
"I got emotional watching his film." -- AFC area scout

NFL COMPARISON
Incomparable

BOTTOM LINE
The finest defensive player I've ever evaluated. - Lance Zierlein

-

War. Daddy.

I'd be perfect fine with Evans, James, Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne or Hurst in round 1. Hoping we avoid Davenport, Vander Esch, Key and Landry.

I've surprisingly seen several reputable mocks recently with James or Smith falling to use, which would be magnificent.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I'd be perfect fine with Evans, James, Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne or Hurst in round 1. Hoping we avoid Davenport, Vander Esch, Key and Landry.

I've surprisingly seen several reputable mocks recently with James or Smith falling to use, which would be magnificent.
I can definitely get behind this. I'm with you boss

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Yup - RT w/ LC moving back to LG. Draft a G in the 5th or later or UDFA for depth.

I'd probably consider one in the third or fourth. Linebacker and safety would be at the top of the list. I could live with DT being in the mix for any of those picks, but I don't think it will be.

I'm not necessarily opposed to a first-round receiver or offensive lineman, but I think we have more pressing needs now. I'd love Vea or Payne to add some power to the DL, but again, I don't think Dallas will be interested in the 1-tech position in the earlier rounds, maybe not at all.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I get the feeling if James falls out of the top 8 or so the Cowboys will be working the phones.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Paea got hurt. When he played he was good against teh run and pass.

That's fair. He wasn't bad for what Dallas was paying him. Getting hurt and deciding to retire is what made him a bad pickup, not his play.

However, a decent argument can be made that if we were going for a higher-quality free agent we probably wouldn't have had that problem.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Nice. Now it’s interesting to see what they do. Is Fleming the swing tackle, are they moving Collins back to LG, or will they see how the draft goes and make the moves at that point?

Remember during each his interviews, Stephen has gone out way his support behind Chaz Green returning. Now with this signing, we have THREE potential RTs and no LG. I'm guessing the possibility of moving Collins back to G, gives them little more flex if they're to pick their target in the draft. Other words, they hope to get a G with 1-2 round grade but may have to settle on one with 3-4 round grade, which you can't expect be an immediate starter.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
It's a possibility.

My impression has been that the team wanted to keep LC on the outside.

Maybe that's changed with the addition of new OL coach Paul Alexander.

I didn't think they would move Collins to RT last off-season because I felt he was best inside and they had already drafted Chaz Green to take over RT whenever Doug Free retired. They ended up moving LC and then tried Green inside at LG in order to get their best five OL on the field.

It didn't work and Jonathan Cooper had to step in.

Green has talent, despite the taste left in my mouth after the Atlanta game. I hope he will rebound this year if allowed to focus on only playing tackle. That said, it's hard to see the team counting on this player for anything moving forward given his injury history.

I doubt so with Alexander. He liked the big mauler as opposed to the athletic move OL in Cincy. A gap scheme doesn't need movers. It's not like LC isn't mobile though.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
That's fair. He wasn't bad for what Dallas was paying him. Getting hurt and deciding to retire is what made him a bad pickup, not his play.

However, a decent argument can be made that if we were going for a higher-quality free agent we probably wouldn't have had that problem.

High quality FA don't get hurt? Attrition on defense is notorious.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
This year
636409217431839070-DG5.jpg
I'll be honest, I'm genuinely optimistic with Jaylon. Last six- to eight games last year he was moving significantly more fluid and smooth physically than at the beginning, mentally he was a sharper player too. I want to see him have the ability to play 60 plays a game though- I wonder how much fatigue he was facing, if that was causing them to have to limit his snaps at the end of the season, because he was playing well.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'll be honest, I'm genuinely optimistic with Jaylon. Last six- to eight games last year he was moving significantly more fluid and smooth physically than at the beginning, mentally he was a sharper player too. I want to see him have the ability to play 60 plays a game though- I wonder how much fatigue he was facing, if that was causing them to have to limit his snaps at the end of the season, because he was playing well.
honestly..this defense needs him to play elite to have a shot in the playoffs.I noticed he looked better as well as he went along. To be honest ,Im not all that worried about him anymore. Now I am worried about Sean Lee ,his health. Would it be wise to not trade him while he's healthy? Just wonder guys. We rebuilt the secondary last year...so why not add talent to the linebacking crew.

gimmesix

Reaction score
High quality FA don't get hurt? Attrition on defense is notorious.

I meant a higher-quality FA probably wouldn't have been as likely to retire. Injuries happen to everyone and yes, some can be so bad that even the best retire.