Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

texbumthelife

Reaction score
He's too raw for my liking. He could be great or out of the NFL in three years. We're close enough that we don't need to be taking such risks.

He's already a top-3 LB with the potential to be hands down the best from this draft. I'd say that's a calculated and smart risk.

To each their own though, I guess I can understand your reasoning. I think we need more playmakers on D though, not just tacklers.

TWOK11

Reaction score
He's already a top-3 LB with the potential to be hands down the best from this draft. I'd say that's a calculated and smart risk.

To each their own though, I guess I can understand your reasoning. I think we need more playmakers on D though, not just tacklers.

Small school players (especially front 7 guys) from mid-majors and the FCS make very nervous. Almost none of their film is against NFL or even major college conference caliber talent. At a position where he will be asked to enchange NFL linemen, TEs and fullbacks constantly it's hard to evaluate how his college success will translate.

To me, in round one for a team that is already playoff caliber, you need to taking polished guys who can help now and are reasonably safe. It's why I didn't like the Taco pick, he could be a 10 sack guy by 2020-2021 but is he helping us win now? His skillset is raw and the game that pushed him into the first round (OSU) he got 3-4 sacks against a backup freshman OT.

The Zeke pick on the other hand was a clear immediate impact pick. Anyone who saw him carve up elite college defense knew he was gonna be an all-pro within the first year or two.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I wasn’t sure how active Dallas was going to be in free agency, but I knew it was wrong to start the complain8ng before the facts were in. Now that the facts are in (are they all in?), nobody can say Dallas isn’t making the effort.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Small school players (especially front 7 guys) from mid-majors and the FCS make very nervous. Almost none of their film is against NFL or even major college conference caliber talent. At a position where he will be asked to enchange NFL linemen, TEs and fullbacks constantly it's hard to evaluate how his college success will translate.

To me, in round one for a team that is already playoff caliber, you need to taking polished guys who can help now and are reasonably safe. It's why I didn't like the Taco pick, he could be a 10 sack guy by 2020-2021 but is he helping us win now? His skillset is raw and the game that pushed him into the first round (OSU) he got 3-4 sacks against a backup freshman OT.

The Zeke pick on the other hand was a clear immediate impact pick. Anyone who saw him carve up elite college defense knew he was gonna be an all-pro within the first year or two.

I totally understand that, which is why I compared him to Demarcus Ware. Similar build. Similar competition. Similar styles. I think he's a little more raw than Ware was, but I see the immense potential and I'd be willing to take the chance on a potentially game changing pass rusher. And certainly before another DT.

The Dark Bishop

Reaction score
If we do get Fleming, he would help our draft by only needing LB, OG, and Safety early in the draft..... Personally, I hate losing Hitchens, but LB seems to be the biggest need. His price tag was far too big to keep with our cap anyways.... My biggest issue with this draft is I want Jones as a CB full time...... That means a Safety we trust at FS..... Really wished we had the answers to move up for the top 2 safeties/CB's.... Would decide our DB's for the future and change next years wish list big time with the extra money we would have to spend......

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Who would have been your pick then last year in place of Taco?

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
From what I read, I'm not sure Waddle isn't considered the better tackle of the two. Seems he was ahead of Fleming until he got dinged up.

I'm expecting a higher-level Doug Free, which I'm sure will panic some. I think Fleming is a better pass blocker than Free, but not as good as a run blocker. Personally, I prefer the better pass blocker.

Ultimately, I think Collins would turn out to be a better RT than Fleming, but Collins at LG and Fleming at RT will probably be better than any other combination we can put at those positions outside of drafting a first-round lineman ... and better than our starting group last year.

Really didn’t pay attention to waddle just something bout him made me think NO. Any aya yes I think you can make up for his poor run blocking with some good coaching and or just having better players around you and give some help. Yeah that combination is better, you get the better 5 out there.

bark

Reaction score
Good signing at a much needed position.
My question is has this been made official yet?

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'm still pissed they didn't sign him earlier

(JK)