Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Back-to-back good signings. I would like it even more if this was for a few years versus a 1-year deal. Okay gambling on Fleming since he's only 25. Anyone know the contract length and numbers yet?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nice. Now it’s interesting to see what they do. Is Fleming the swing tackle, are they moving Collins back to LG, or will they see how the draft goes and make the moves at that point?

I don't think Dallas will know for sure until after the draft. With our current group, obviously Collins would move to guard and Fleming would start at right tackle. If we get an interior line player early, though, Fleming could be kicked to swing tackle. Keeps the options open, but also keeps Dallas from absolutely having to spend an early pick on OL.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Good. A *quality* vet at a position of big need.
These are the types of moves they need to make. Now, let's get a LB vet like Bowman, a decent G and a quality (doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler but a good player) 1T.
At that point we can go into the Draft sitting pretty good.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
giphy.gif

What does it mean for Will Hernandez?

Bluefin

Reaction score
My two cents. Fleming came here to start. New England lost their OTs. I don’t think he signs here as a swing tackle

I'm sure Cameron Fleming is expecting to at least challenge for a starting job, but it will be very telling to see the contract numbers.

He didn't appear to have a very active free agent market.

This moves gives us options. If getting our five best OL on the field together warrants moving La'el Collins back to LG, so be it.

If he remains our best RT with Fleming the favorite to become the swing tackle over Chaz Green, that's fine, too.

Add a veteran interior OL and a safety and we can start focusing on the draft.

Dre11

Reaction score
Just think about all the ledge jumping and crying the past few weeks. Now all the happiness, the next step comes if these players don’t pan out, all the “this front office sucks,is dumb,needs to go”...lol

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Last year was not good. And you'll have years like that.

The difference is last year's mistakes don't cripple your salary cap situation.

Well, I consider Hurns and Fleming to be steps up from what we did in free agency last year. It seemed to me that last year we were just looking for temporary bandages (Carroll, Paea, Blanton) while this year we're adding young talent that could be worth keeping around for a while if they work out. Even Thompson and Thomas are upside players.