Twitter: Cowboys to sign Cameron Fleming

jnday

Reaction score
I think I can speak for the rest of the NFL and let's just get this week over with.

Pwned.
How does he compare to Collins? I still want a top guard in the draft to maintain the only strength that this team has.

Klingo3034

Reaction score
Nothing.

Cameron Fleming is an OT.

Will Hernandez is a G.

Even adding a veteran G/C before the draft will not preclude selecting Hernandez or any other OL.

And Collins was RT now possibly being put back into LG?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
My two cents. Fleming came here to start. New England lost their OTs. I don’t think he signs here as a swing tackle

Exactly. This means Collins is going back to guard. No one in the draft is cracking this starting five.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Between Collins, Fleming, and Green, I have no idea what's going on with the G/T spots and if Tyron misses time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How does he compare to Collins? I still want a top guard in the draft to maintain the only strength that this team has.

Well the glee club will tell you he's better and that Collins isn't a RT and all that support the team nonsense but he's not. However, Collins can also be a great OG and Fleming is a much better RT than Cooper was at OG last year. So it's an upgrade overall.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
giphy.gif

What does it mean for Will Hernandez?

It means he's going to have to sign here as a free agent down the road if he truly wants to play for the Cowboys.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well the glee club will tell you he's better and that Collins isn't a RT and all that support the team nonsense but he's not. However, Collins can also be a great OG and Fleming is a much better RT than Cooper was at OG last year. So it's an upgrade overall.
The money will tell us if he was signed as a starter or if he was signed as a swing OT. If he is making anything over 5 million per, he is starting

AmericanCowboy

Reaction score
Would be frustrated if Collins went back to guard after signing that contract. Fleming should be solely for depth as the swing tackle. I have no confidence that Tyron’s back will hold up.

I don’t think Collins is all that great at RT but for some reason we made sure to pay him like the best RT in the league.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So the starters are in place on offense, IMO, barring a move at WR.

Hurns ....... Smith Collins Frederick Martin Fleming Witten .........Beasley .... Dez
..................................What's his face

........................................Zeke

Bluefin

Reaction score
And Collins was RT now possibly being put back into LG?

It's a possibility.

My impression has been that the team wanted to keep LC on the outside.

Maybe that's changed with the addition of new OL coach Paul Alexander.

I didn't think they would move Collins to RT last off-season because I felt he was best inside and they had already drafted Chaz Green to take over RT whenever Doug Free retired. They ended up moving LC and then tried Green inside at LG in order to get their best five OL on the field.

It didn't work and Jonathan Cooper had to step in.

Green has talent, despite the taste left in my mouth after the Atlanta game. I hope he will rebound this year if allowed to focus on only playing tackle. That said, it's hard to see the team counting on this player for anything moving forward given his injury history.