Signed by Cowboys Cowboys to sign S Josh Jones to the practice squad

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cool.

Only thing is that WR would put 7WRs on the 53...bringing up Wise would probably lead to him being released when Woods is back. SS is the only spot out of the 3 that makes the most sense.
Wise may well still be eligible for the practice squad after Woods is back

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Heck yes.

tenor.gif

jaythecowboy

Reaction score
Donovan Wilson has not made the 46 so they could just use him to replace Frazier without making any changes to the 53.

exciter

Reaction score
Since all 32 teams have passed on Berry it's reasonable to assume there is a good reason he is sitting at home without a contract.
Yeah, he's missed like 30 games in 3 years, was thoroughly abused by Gronk in the AFC championship last year... looks like hes wearing cinder blocks for shoes when he runs. He's done!

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But they have to cut him and he has to clear waivers first.

He already cleared waivers once, and if he happened to do so well while on the team that we are afraid he wouldn't clear waivers again we might be inclined to keep him on the 53 anyway.

Verdict

Reaction score
He already cleared waivers once, and if he happened to do so well while on the team that we are afraid he wouldn't clear waivers again we might be inclined to keep him on the 53 anyway.

I’m just saying you have to consider that. It’s a numbers game and as more people get injured roster spots open across the league. Just because a guy cleared waivers once doesn’t mean he will clear them a second time.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m just saying you have to consider that. It’s a numbers game and as more people get injured roster spots open across the league. Just because a guy cleared waivers once doesn’t mean he will clear them a second time.

You're right, it certainly would have to be thought through.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I haven't seen any substantial reports on this.

Can anyone confirm? Not exactly a world shattering signing, but could be some nice veteran depth. We all know Dallas loves those early round draft pick retreads as well.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If a team wants Wise, they can sign him to their 53 from the practice squad... so having to cut him to move him to the PS should make no difference.

The only difference is that when he’s cut then he could be signed to another team’s PS and not have to go to their 53. However, if another team tried to sign him to their PS, then he would in all likelihood choose to stay in Dallas in their PS instead.

The only real danger of him going to another team is if Dallas wants him on PS and another team wants him on their 53... which, as I said already, they could do no matter if he’s cut or on PS already.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well done, and a former Packer no less, so we're getting another one of those in our building. So, he'd know what Rodgers likes to do.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Why would Jones go to PS? Kavon is out for the year, so who is the player their adding to the 53?

They probably want to see who they will call up, and he's getting a chance this week to compete with someone to go to the 53.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I haven't seen any substantial reports on this.

Can anyone confirm? Not exactly a world shattering signing, but could be some nice veteran depth. We all know Dallas loves those early round draft pick retreads as well.
Broaddus up next on the fan. He said it this morning on talking cowboys. Should be out soon.