Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Dodger12

Reaction score
I don't need to prove it. It is a possibility that is mutually exclusive with your position. I think you just don't understand how logical deductions work. You are just assuming your preferred outcome and not considering any other possibility.

How would that screw with him? They are already backing up and the competition is Kellen Moore. If they cannot handle that then they have no business in the NFL anyway much less in Dallas.

You just don't understand common sense. You can sit there and think they may have drafted Prescott with a 4th round pick after trading up for for a higher rated QB in the 1st but that just makes you look even more foolish, especially when the front office thought they had a few more years out of Romo.

Dodger12

Reaction score
They drafted and developed Brady. You don't think Belichick deserves credit for that?

What's with this infatuation with "credit" and why are you changing the argument? I asked you a simple question. Don't you believe that NE got lucky when Bledsoe got injured and they were forced to play Brady? And BTW, Brady wasn't even the back-up in 2000 after he was drafted but he worked his way up to #2. Just as Dak, who never took a snap under center in college, would have developed behind Romo and Matt Moore.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
What's with this infatuation with "credit" and why are you changing the argument? I asked you a simple question. Don't you believe that NE got lucky when Bledsoe got injured and they were forced to play Brady? And BTW, Brady wasn't even the back-up in 2000 after he was drafted but he worked his way up to #2. Just as Dak, who never took a snap under center in college, would have developed behind Romo and Matt Moore.

I already told you I don't believe in luck. Do you need me to connect the dots? I believe that the Pats did a good job developing a backup QB into a position to take over the starting job when an eventuality occurred.

I bring up credit because you guys go out of your way not to give it.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
You just don't understand common sense. You can sit there and think they may have drafted Prescott with a 4th round pick after trading up for for a higher rated QB in the 1st but that just makes you look even more foolish, especially when the front office thought they had a few more years out of Romo.

You are not the arbiter of common sense. You live on unknowable assumptions that confirm your bias. You keep doing it over and again.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score

Lol... I came to the same conclusion about Lumpkins after going round and round and getting exhausted. Hang in there bro!

Dodger12

Reaction score
You are not the arbiter of common sense. You live on unknowable assumptions that confirm your bias. You keep doing it over and again.

Yeah, so says the guy who thinks they would have drafted Dak even if the used a 1st round pick on a QB. I can understand why common sense escapes you.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I believe that the Pats did a good job developing a backup QB into a position to take over the starting job when an eventuality occurred.

I guess NE did a bad job with a bunch of other drafted QB's who didn't do so well. And the Cowboys just didn't develop McGee either. If it was as easy as developing QB's, then most capable QB's and coaches could do it and most of the highly touted and drafted QB's would succeed. Finding a franchise QB is the hardest thing to do in the NFL. Certainly a team has to have a plan and develop that QB. The Cowboy's plan was to let Dak, who didn't take snaps under center in college, develop. Dak, thus far, has surprised everyone but he never would have gotten that chance had Romo and Moore not gotten injured. At this point, you just want to argue for the sake of argument.

And after developing Brady for a full year and seeing what they had, the Patriots signed Bledsoe to a record 10 year, 100 million dollar contract in 2001. Brady would have never seen the light of day no matter how much he was developed. If not for Brady's misfortune, which turned out to be good fortune for Brady and Pats fans, Brady would be nothing more than an asterisk in the Patriots history book.

Dodger12

Reaction score
Lol... I came to the same conclusion about Lumpkins after going round and round and getting exhausted. Hang in there bro!

I'm used to it and usually I don't bother. But once in a while he'll throw a real gem out there and I just can't help myself.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Yeah, so says the guy who thinks they would have drafted Dak even if the used a 1st round pick on a QB. I can understand why common sense escapes you.

I never said they would. I said they could have done so and you have no evidence to the contrary yet you insist on the one outcome that confirms your bias. The whole concept of multiple possibilities seems to escape you.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I guess NE did a bad job with a bunch of other drafted QB's who didn't do so well. And the Cowboys just didn't develop McGee either. If it was as easy as developing QB's, then most capable QB's and coaches could do it and most of the highly touted and drafted QB's would succeed. Finding a franchise QB is the hardest thing to do in the NFL. Certainly a team has to have a plan and develop that QB. The Cowboy's plan was to let Dak, who didn't take snaps under center in college, develop. Dak, thus far, has surprised everyone but he never would have gotten that chance had Romo and Moore not gotten injured. At this point, you just want to argue for the sake of argument.

And after developing Brady for a full year and seeing what they had, the Patriots signed Bledsoe to a record 10 year, 100 million dollar contract in 2001. Brady would have never seen the light of day no matter how much he was developed. If not for Brady's misfortune, which turned out to be good fortune for Brady and Pats fans, Brady would be nothing more than an asterisk in the Patriots history book.

So things happen out of one's control and that means that they don't get credit for what they did when they were in control. Got it. The Patriots should not get credit for drafting and developing Tom Brady. :rolleyes:

Dodger12

Reaction score
I never said they would. I said they could have done so and you have no evidence to the contrary yet you insist on the one outcome that confirms your bias. The whole concept of multiple possibilities seems to escape you.

The concept of common sense completely escapes you. The Jones' could sell the Cowboys today or in the near future and you nor I have no evidence to the contrary.. But all indications are that it won't happen even though it could and common sense would tell us it won't happen. You keep spouting this confirmation bias that you read in your college text book but when you get out of your mother's basement, you'll realize that's not exactly how life works.

You can blanketly deny every argument or discussion on here as "confirmation bias" and tell folks they have no evidence to the contrary yet completely disregard the fact that you can't positively prove your position either which doesn't make another opinion any less valid than yours. It's the irony of your position that's laughable. If you can't take the evidence at hand, the history of the players/decision makers we're discussing and come to a reasonable conclusion, then that's your problem.

Dodger12

Reaction score
So things happen out of one's control and that means that they don't get credit for what they did when they were in control. Got it. The Patriots should not get credit for drafting and developing Tom Brady. :rolleyes:

Of course there's a level of development but that doesn't always work out or no QB would fail. The bottom line is that the Pats lucked out when Brady got hurt after signing a record 100 million dollar contract. Unless, of course, they conspired with the Jets to injure their 100 million dollar QB so a back up 6th rounder could take over.

And while you crave to give Jerry credit for Dak, you disregard the gaffes and years of futility. Are you related to the man?

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Of course there's a level of development but that doesn't always work out or no QB would fail. The bottom line is that the Pats lucked out when Brady got hurt after signing a record 100 million dollar contract. Unless, of course, they conspired with the Jets to injure their 100 million dollar QB so a back up 6th rounder could take over.

And while you crave to give Jerry credit for Dak, you disregard the gaffes and years of futility. Are you related to the man?

Again, I don't believe in luck. I believe in carpe diem.

I didn't disregard anything. I wasn't trying to be comprehensive. You insist on your bias; and that is not real nor virtue.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
The concept of common sense completely escapes you. The Jones' could sell the Cowboys today or in the near future and you nor I have no evidence to the contrary.. But all indications are that it won't happen even though it could and common sense would tell us it won't happen. You keep spouting this confirmation bias that you read in your college text book but when you get out of your mother's basement, you'll realize that's not exactly how life works.

You can blanketly deny every argument or discussion on here as "confirmation bias" and tell folks they have no evidence to the contrary yet completely disregard the fact that you can't positively prove your position either which doesn't make another opinion any less valid than yours. It's the irony of your position that's laughable. If you can't take the evidence at hand, the history of the players/decision makers we're discussing and come to a reasonable conclusion, then that's your problem.

You are not the arbiter of common sense and just because something is 'common knowledge' doesn't mean that it is right. This is doubly so in complex situations when you have a sea of people looking for easy answers.

I studied engineering in college and the logic I studied was systems logic like binary. Like the story time about my life though. You're grasping and angry. Good job.

I don't blanket deny everything as confirmation bias. I just see it in you. I don't have to prove my position; I am simply disproving yours. Nuance is tough on you. My position is that they drafted and developed Prescott and that is not up for debate.

Big D

Reaction score
Romo going down causes the team and the fans to deflate. It's not next man up when he goes down, it's all hope is lost which stems from having a team that depends on great QB play due to a defense that's been a liability year after year. The team completely loses it's confidence when Romo is lost. Coaching has been part of the problem we simply haven't been able to adjust to another QB forcing them to run plays that are designed for Romo. Danny White pointed that out in an article that was posted on the board last year. Sanchez certainly isn't the guy to win games for you.

He has to be managed or he'll turn the ball over. He needs a strong running game and stout defense which is how he led the Jets to back to back title games earlier in his career. He had a very solid game vs the Cowboys 2 years ago on Thanksgiving with a 100.00 passer rating due to Shady McCoy running all over us. If Dak has to be a magician to win games it's going to be a long year. Our only hope is having a strong running game he can lean on and hope the defense isn't as bad as some think it will be.

So much for my thinking that Showers would be the #2 I guess it's a good thing I'm not a scout:laugh:. As I've said I don't really think it matters who the 2 is anyway they won't see the field if all goes right with Dak. I agree that we need to lean on the run I just don't have much faith in the staff to do it. As soon as we established a run game with demarco they couldn't wait to get rid of it. I know Zeke is a different animal I just don't seem us having the patience when a team get's out in front of us. As for the defense, I'm not sure they are ready to be leaned on just yet.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

Lol, the "concept of multiple possibilities."

You mean simply saying "well, they coulda done this..."

It's not the job of the reader/listener to disprove a random possibility. It's your responsibility to provide evidence/argumentation as to why it's plausible. Here's a hint: saying its "possible" isn't doing that.

You're assumption credits him way too much.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
So much for my thinking that Showers would be the #2 I guess it's a good thing I'm not a scout:laugh:. As I've said I don't really think it matters who the 2 is anyway they won't see the field if all goes right with Dak. I agree that we need to lean on the run I just don't have much faith in the staff to do it. As soon as we established a run game with demarco they couldn't wait to get rid of it. I know Zeke is a different animal I just don't seem us having the patience when a team get's out in front of us. As for the defense, I'm not sure they are ready to be leaned on just yet.

Don't see how anyone could have thought Showers would be the #2. You can't count on everything going right with Dak and his health so it matters a lot who the #2 is. Good thing you're not a GM either. :laugh: We'll run the ball as long as it's effective and we're not falling behind in games. Everyone we play is going to stack the box to try and take the run away and force Dak to beat them.

Boom

Just Dez It
Reaction score
Lol, the "concept of multiple possibilities."

You mean simply saying "well, they coulda done this..."

It's not the job of the reader/listener to disprove a random possibility. It's your responsibility to provide evidence/argumentation as to why it's plausible. Here's a hint: saying its "possible" isn't doing that.

I think if you asked Fuzzy if he though it was improbable that another QB would be drafted in round 5 after trading up for one, he would agree. He is stating that the possibility does exist, albeit remote. And he is correct.