News: Cowboys to visit with DE Cedric Thornton

CCBoy

Reaction score

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Yeah vs the guy who had 4 sacks in 4 seasons:laugh: Yeah get it done Jerruah!!!!!

You understand the difference in positions right? You know what Hatcher was signed with the Commanders for? Sacks. Thornton is a run stuffer.

Hatcher failed and is contemplating retirement. Thornton is, from what I read, succeeding at his job. Stick to your day job.

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
the longer this takes, the more i feel we're about to give more money to this guy than he's worth

TheRomoSexual

Reaction score
This forum has complained for years about not having a run-stuffing 1-tech, and now that they are visiting with a solid prospect at the position, this forum is complaining about his low sack totals. You seriously cannot make this up.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Got a bad feeling Philly will ultimately re-sign him after his agent goes back to them with Dallas' modest offer.

Thorton along with Logan and Cox are the main reasons why Dallas has somewhat struggled to run against that team in recent games

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We still need an interior pass rusher. I can see us getting Nkemdiche at #34. Can play both DT positions and has solid potential. We still need an edge rusher too. I want to give Gregory a chance but he's suspended and hasn't proven he's ready, so we need at least a 1-year stop gap. Hardy might be the only guy we could get for 1 year on a fairly cheap deal.

reddyuta

Reaction score
Crawford should take this guy out for dinner,he will be the biggest benefactor of this signing if Thornton can take on double teams,

Sydla

Reaction score
We still need an interior pass rusher. I can see us getting Nkemdiche at #34. Can play both DT positions and has solid potential. We still need an edge rusher too. I want to give Gregory a chance but he's suspended and hasn't proven he's ready, so we need at least a 1-year stop gap. Hardy might be the only guy we could get for 1 year on a fairly cheap deal.

In this system, the 1 tech would still not be a pass rush threat for the most part.

I think Crawford, who had 5 sacks last year, can be that guy if he has competent DT play next to him. Hopefully if they sign Thornton and then draft a kid, they'll get that competent play.

reddyuta

Reaction score

I think we stay clear of all druggies this year.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Got a bad feeling Philly will ultimately re-sign him after his agent goes back to them with Dallas' modest offer.

Thorton along with Logan and Cox are the main reasons why Dallas has somewhat struggled to run against that team in recent games

He would be a backup with the eagles and start for the Cowboys.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
In this system, the 1 tech would still not be a pass rush threat for the most part.

I think Crawford, who had 5 sacks last year, can be that guy if he has competent DT play next to him. Hopefully if they sign Thornton and then draft a kid, they'll get that competent play.

Yes, but he does have better rush ability then the sacks show. Crawford's issue last season was a shoulder/arm injury.

reddyuta

Reaction score
BTW he was undrafted but we refuse to even bring in undrafted 1 techs in because Marinelli doesnt want any competition for Hayden.

Sydla

Reaction score
BTW he was undrafted but we refuse to even bring in undrafted 1 techs in because Marinelli doesnt want any competition for Hayden.

I am thinking or hope that given our apparent interest in some DTs at the combine and now Thornton, someone finally knocked Marinelli upside the head.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

It's one the strangest things about this team I can recall dating back 30+ years.

batman36

Reaction score
I am thinking or hope that given our apparent interest in some DTs at the combine and now Thornton, someone finally knocked Marinelli upside the head.

I think the front office stepped in and suggested Marinelli try some different options.