Twitter: Cowboys trade for DE/LB Caesar Rayford for conditional 2015 pick

Avery

The Dog that Saved Charleston
Reaction score
I actually watched this guy play with the Blaze. Seems like a decent enough pickup.

reddyuta

Reaction score
So does this put Wilber on notice a few weeks from now?

When spencer is healthy we have a lot of ends.
Spencer,ware, selvie, rayford, jones? And bass is listed as an end although he will play inside.

Unless jones moves to solb as broaddus said will we need 5 ends?

good point about Wilber,this guy is on notice and hasn't done squat in his career so far.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
good point about Wilber,this guy is on notice and hasn't done squat in his career so far.

Have to wonder if Ratliff takes Wilber's roster spot down the road if spencer is healthy.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Cruz is not a lock to playing Sunday night. Said so himself. Dez and Miles are 100% healthy. Right now, Dallas has edge.

Cruz just said he was going full speed without any pain in practice. He is healthy and he is playing. To think anything else would be very dangerous.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He's played in the arena league and the CFL that should get everyones juices flowing.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
He's played in the arena league and the CFL that should get everyones juices flowing.

Kurt Warner played in the Arena League. So, this guy is clearly an All-Pro just waiting to happen.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cruz just said he was going full speed without any pain in practice. He is healthy and he is playing. To think anything else would be very dangerous.

I hope he does play. I don't want to hear how NY did not have key players. I still expect Dallas to beat them.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Broad us just pointed out on twitter that the first sack in that video 50cent posted was against Justin Pugh and he brought down Carr with one arm.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Kurt Warner played in the Arena League. So, this guy is clearly an All-Pro just waiting to happen.

Only thing he's lacking to complete his resume is a stint in NFL Europe.

cowboys2233

Reaction score
Cameron Wake played in the CFL. Forget All-Pro, I'm thinking Ring-of-Honor minimally.

My dreams were too small. You're right, this guy has ROH all over him. Do you see the way he is able to swoop into the backfield when he's completely unblocked? It's that kind of heads up play that says "legend" to me.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Only thing he's lacking to complete his resume is a stint in NFL Europe.

All I have seen are the reports from the colts on him and the very good camp and pre season he had. I guess we will find out what he will do

ThreeandOut

Reaction score
Have to wonder if Ratliff takes Wilber's roster spot down the road if spencer is healthy.

I think Wilbur stays on this year but you have too wonder if he's not going to eventually be a causalty of the new defensive scheme.

Once Spencer gets back on a fulltime basis,I think they move Selvie over to back up Ware. He seems better suited to the weak side.

dogberry

Reaction score
Being in minor league baseball town, someone making it to the majors at 27 doesn't seem unreasonable. Now I'm going to have to look up stats on the dispersion of ages for arrival in the major leagues.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
How can you dismiss the XFL so easily?!

I would hope he doesn't have the XFL on his resume that league folded back in 2001. Someone posted that he was old hope he's not that old.

tayloner

Reaction score
After reading around the Colts forum a bit, seems some of them are unhappy to see him gone but also happy they turned an UDFA into a draft pick. Sounds like he was a 3-4 OLB who was more comfortable rushing the passer than he was in space, which might make him a better fit for our scheme than theirs.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
After reading around the Colts forum a bit, seems some of them are unhappy to see him gone but also happy they turned an UDFA into a draft pick. Sounds like he was a 3-4 OLB who was more comfortable rushing the passer than he was in space, which might make him a better fit for our scheme than theirs.

apparently he played the whole final 4th preseason game and did nothing.

hopefully putting him on the line and telling him to hit the qb can help us here early in the season.

tayloner

Reaction score
apparently he played the whole final 4th preseason game and did nothing.

hopefully putting him on the line and telling him to hit the qb can help us here early in the season.

Ya, sounds like he lost his edge when he had to play a complete game, worry about dropping in coverage, etc. Maybe he'll be a decent situational pass rusher if that's his primary role here.