Twitter: Cowboys trade for DE/LB Caesar Rayford for conditional 2015 pick

reddyuta

Reaction score
having watched that video i would say this guy has no moves and was not coached well,i hope Marinelli can do wonders with him.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
I thought he looked pretty explosive on the plays that he got sacks. Didn't see the other plays.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Babe just said he doesn't expect Leary or spencer to lay Sunday night fwiw.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Rayborn has Margu Hunt like athleticism and upside.

Mature rookies
tall & long (both over 6'6)
pass rushing upside
ST demons (crazy block production)

Dale

Forum Architect
Reaction score
I know nothing about this guy, but it is encouraging that Colts fans seemed to feel like he had a strong showing there. Sure beats trading for a guy everyone wanted gone :)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
for whats it worth the Colts fans are upset by this move.

never heard of the guy, but the cowboys are doing all they can to mix it up this year and build a solid core. i like the move if the colts fans are upset by it. :)

gambit187

Reaction score
Sometimes all you need is a push or a chance....who knows this chance and that STAR may do something to him....wouldn't be mad if in a couple years he becomes a multi million dollar man.

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
This is the "Hamilton" everybody wanted, I like what he provides hopefully he can stick around.

iceman117

Reaction score
I didnt hear It anywhere I just think he'll miss at least 2 maybe 3 games.

Hope your wrong, if anything they shouldn't rush him back for the Giants game if its going to make this a nagging injury all year long and just get him back for KC. I think he is going to try to play against the giants though but will be very ineffective due to lack of work so I don't even think they should bother. Just go with Selvie/Rayford and Wilbur and see who plays well and see who loses their roster spot when Spencer comes back but Spencer is going to need a full week of practice before he does anything in a game. So maybe your right

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Hope your wrong, if anything they shouldn't rush him back for the Giants game if its going to make this a nagging injury all year long and just get him back for KC. I think he is going to try to play against the giants though but will be very ineffective due to lack of work so I don't even think they should bother. Just go with Selvie/Rayford and Wilbur and see who plays well and see who loses their roster spot when Spencer comes back but Spencer is going to need a full week of practice before he does anything in a game. So maybe your right

They cant afford to risk losing him or claiborne for the year. I doubt spencer plays at all game one or maybe 2. Claiborne will play but limitied. Which is scary because all we have behind the 3 starting cbs is webb and all safeties

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
I think it would be difficult for a 6'7" player to consistently win in leverage as a standup linebacker, but then he had few problems in the preseason.

Sounds like a second coming: "Too Tall Caesar".

Expect Sham to say something like: "....and the Cowboys' rookie defensive end just made the offensive backfield into Caesar salad".

Or, how about: ".....the Cowboys blitz, and, ohhh, there's Caesar dressing all over RGIII".

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Cruz just said he was going full speed without any pain in practice. He is healthy and he is playing. To think anything else would be very dangerous.

Then this must been updated today. Still, he's not 100%. The guy just came off crutches.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
They cant afford to risk losing him or claiborne for the year. I doubt spencer plays at all game one or maybe 2. Claiborne will play but limitied. Which is scary because all we have behind the 3 starting cbs is webb and all safeties

You're literally just making things up.

funkytown

Reaction score
This guy is intriguing. Tall and lean. Good trade in my opinion, very little risk. Could come in here and be a situational rusher and maybe block some kicks on special teams.

Reactions: dmq