Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for DT Johnathan Hankins

GRCowboy

Reaction score
If he can eat some space on 1st and 2nd downs and help the interior in the run game, it's a win. I don't need him to rush the passer or do anything crazy. Just literally be a fat slob and eat up blockers and space. That's it.
yep. if we force third and long he did his job, then it's up to micah, dlaw, sam williams, fowler etc to get the sack

Cool. Now let’s trade a 2nd for Chubb and jeudy.

You realize Chubb and Jeudy play for two different teams, right? :laugh:

Dallasfann

Reaction score
Visiting the Raiders forums it appears the consensus is he is a very serviceable player who gives 100 % effort. Most posters agreed he didn't have a role anymore after drafting 2 DT's and being 30 yrs old. Seems the Raiders fans like the trade for all party's. I saw almost nothing bad about him as a player posted. Think the Cowboys and Raiders had a rare win/win trade for both teams.

Verdict

Reaction score
I am thinking we should turn this into a pro vs anti Dak thread. This one seems to be losing traction. Or maybe just add more cowbell?

Aftershock

Reaction score
lol. Hankins isn't an unknown. He played in the NFC East for the Giants for 4 years. Had 7 sacks with them in his 2nd year. He has 366 career tackles as a DT. If you haven't heard of him then that is surprising. He has 25 career tackles against the Cowboys so maybe you don't watch every Cowboys' game?
Maybe I don't pay attention to every single player that has ever played against the Dallas Cowboys?
Maybe I never said I watched every single Dallas Cowboys game of all time in history of eternity?

I never thought I would work so many people up for single question.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I read a post somewhere in this forum earlier this morning, someone posted in a reply that Gallimore might be sent to the IR.
Anyone else have link to that post?
Wouldn't ask normally, but I have been searching and cannot find it now.
Why was Gallimore a scratch from last game vs Detroit?
Was he a healthy scratch?

Last edited:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I like the trade for the simple fact that it should make the linebackers better :thumbup:

Verdict

Reaction score
ok we could have signed this guy 2 years ago. Only if our FO would acknowledge wehen an issue is an issue and address it at that time instead of being smacked in the face repeatedly for 2 years and then trade an asset for someone they could have gotten 2 years ago
We like being certain we are bad at something. No need to have a knee jerk reaction to being bad at something. We like assessing a situation for a few years and then appointing a committee to sort it out over some Johnny Walker Blue. Seems like it is going pretty well.

The trade for Hankins is a response to Romo needing a better defense. I know we are getting to it a bit late, but at least Dak can benefit from it. Keep in mind if we had waiting a few more years to pick up Hankins out of retirement we would still have that 6th round pick.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
Maybe I don't pay attention to every single player that has ever played against the Dallas Cowboys?
Maybe I never said I watched every single Dallas Cowboys game of all time in history of eternity?

I never thought I would work so many people up for single question.
You're just a Texas casual that doesn't know when to cheer or be quiet at the games. We understand

Jipper

Reaction score
Pretty incredible seeing the philosophy change and going after this guy