Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I am yammering about this idiotic ideal that many fans, apparently just like you, that feel that a player has to be some sort of upstanding citizen.

I am sorry, there aren't a lot of Bob Lilly's out there. Or Witten's.

And almost always, our impressions of what kind of people our football heroes seem to be, they are never ever even close to the romantic visions we have for them.

I know exactly what Bennett stands for. I might not like it, but I am not going to turn up my nose because he does not fit some sort of profile I have.

If someone was in favor of Witten coming back, I don't see how this is that much different.

As you stated "if he was still great, I would be happy. I don't see him helping much.".
Rowr!

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I like this trade, low risk and high reward. Those saying hes not a player the Cowboys need, could be wrong. He has played inside a good amount on pass rushing downs during his career. He can be a part time 3tech next to Collins and relieve Lawrence and Quinn on others.

Don't know who they would cut, but maybe Hill can have a phantom injury and red shirt the rest of the year, lol.

Probably Ventell Bryant, Frazier, or Joe Jackson though Unless they trade away someone first.

DCBlueStar

Reaction score
I stated veteran acquisition.

Both Coleman and Cooks were relatively young.

I wouldn't have bothered to respond if you had said you were excluding young guys. There are veteran players that are young.

Brandin Cooks was traded in his 4th season. Coleman was traded in his 3rd.

Dudes who've been in the league 3 years or more are veterans to me, which is why I mentioned them. My definition is probably just different than yours... like for example if you said young players, I would probably still consider Tyron Smith a young player, but he is a veteran (amazing that Zack Martin was drafted 3 years later, and they're the same age).

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
I don’t like Michael Bennett. Never have.

He is a cowboy now though. So I hope he balls out and behaves himself.

They only traded a 7th. If he causes problems he can easily be cut.

Bennett is a no nonsense type of guy. From opposing players aswell as teammates. He is exactly the type of player this DL needs. Dont read into the NE suspension. Reports are hes just not ready to be a backup and he let his feelings be known.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I really like the move, talent-wise.
He had nine sacks just a year ago in Philthy. And he's shown to be able to kick inside on third downs and be a nasty interior rusher in both Seattle, and last year in Philly.
Of course, if he turns out to be a complete cancer, then they can cut him.
The idea of having Quinn, a motivated Bennett and Lawrence all on the field together sounds real good.
We'll see.
There you go.

That is exactly how this move needs to be looked at.

Personally, I think the guy is going to add a good bit to the Dallas pass rush. Put it this way, if I’m a Philly fan... nothing about this trade makes me happy.

cern

Reaction score
I think the Las Vegas police would beg to differ.

He's lying scum.

And a has-been. Doubt he'll be here long.
The head of the Las vegas police union accused bennet of lying and demanded goodell and the nfl should investigate. The nfl came to the conclusion no investigation was warranted. Glean from that what you will.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I am yammering about this idiotic ideal that many fans, apparently just like you, that feel that a player has to be some sort of upstanding citizen.

I am sorry, there aren't a lot of Bob Lilly's out there. Or Witten's.

And almost always, our impressions of what kind of people our football heroes seem to be, they are never ever even close to the romantic visions we have for them.

I know exactly what Bennett stands for. I might not like it, but I am not going to turn up my nose because he does not fit some sort of profile I have.

If someone was in favor of Witten coming back, I don't see how this is that much different.

As you stated "if he was still great, I would be happy. I don't see him helping much.".

Where did I say I want choir boys? Where exactly? I don’t think that at all. 75 percent of them are not the types you’d want dating your sister. I am fine with them. Bennett has been an azz his entire career. He is in the 1 pct of NFL clowns. Lying about the police than screaming race. Wearing coaches out since the jump. Suspensions. That’s not disputed. I don’t get romantic over football players. Try reading my comments next time.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
I do think he will be a model citizen for a while knowing this maybe his last stop.

cern

Reaction score
Not long ago a security guard accused Zeke of assaulting him. There was even a TMZ video. I saw nothing untoward on the video. Not surprisingly those who don't like zeke saw it otherwise. Same for the Bennett video.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
What? Why?

must mean Quinn isn’t going to be ready for a few weeks.

But I’m all for it. This dude doesn’t take any BS. We need dudes like this. Just wish it was a run stuffer

Maybe he's a biscuit away from being a DT?