Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
He lives here in Hawaii in the off season with his family.
No he doesn't always say the right things, and like everybody else he screws up from time to time.
But.
As I have said before, I have no time for his brother. But, he is one of those guys, loves his family, gives his time for free to local charities. Hosts football camps every year on Oahu - for FREE !
And called out the Golden State basketball player, Curry.who came here and charged kids a couple grand at attend his basketball camps. Each.
In my book, he will get a clean slate coming here, and I will judge him by what he says and does here. Not what people have thought of him by his outspoken nature and things.
If he can contribute to the Dline, and isn't a dick. All good in my book.
Excellent post

erod

Reaction score
He lives here in Hawaii in the off season with his family.
No he doesn't always say the right things, and like everybody else he screws up from time to time.
But.
As I have said before, I have no time for his brother. But, he is one of those guys, loves his family, gives his time for free to local charities. Hosts football camps every year on Oahu - for FREE !
And called out the Golden State basketball player, Curry.who came here and charged kids a couple grand at attend his basketball camps. Each.
In my book, he will get a clean slate coming here, and I will judge him by what he says and does here. Not what people have thought of him by his outspoken nature and things.
If he can contribute to the Dline, and isn't a dick. All good in my book.
I think the Las Vegas police would beg to differ.

He's lying scum.

And a has-been. Doubt he'll be here long.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
I have never quite understood this obsession with having players that not only have talent but are also upstanding citizens. That is a hard feat to accomplish. You are asking for a rarity.

As long as the player does not compromise the product on the field, namely being stupid and being suspended etc., why would you care if he is an *******?

I hate to break it to a lot of you, but the childhood heroes we had in the 1970s and 1980s were likely *******s too. We just never heard about it.

What are you yammering on about? He is a jerk and an over the hill player. If he was still great I would be happy. I don’t see him helping much.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
In passing downs having Bennet at DT with Lawrence and Quinn all on the field at the same time does help.
He can also give Lawrence and Quinn a breather without worrying about our pass rush turning into zero pressure.

I support this move. Bennett has had his troubles but he and I support the same candidate so he can't be that bad at heart.

Sorry to hear this. Bennett is a tool. When he dabbles in world affairs he is a super tool. His brother is a moron as well. It’s in the DNA.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
What are you yammering on about? He is a jerk and an over the hill player. If he was still great I would be happy. I don’t see him helping much.
I am yammering about this idiotic ideal that many fans, apparently just like you, that feel that a player has to be some sort of upstanding citizen.

I am sorry, there aren't a lot of Bob Lilly's out there. Or Witten's.

And almost always, our impressions of what kind of people our football heroes seem to be, they are never ever even close to the romantic visions we have for them.

I know exactly what Bennett stands for. I might not like it, but I am not going to turn up my nose because he does not fit some sort of profile I have.

If someone was in favor of Witten coming back, I don't see how this is that much different.

As you stated "if he was still great, I would be happy. I don't see him helping much.".