Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

AKATheRake

Reaction score
So now we have the "Black Snake" (Robert Quinn) and "Black Santa" (Michael Bennett) on our DE Rotation. Love it!

DallasInDC

Reaction score
I am simply amazed this post generated over 500 posts in less than 5 hours. There are some serious opinions about this player and trade.

BigTimeBlues

Reaction score
I am simply amazed this post generated over 500 posts in less than 5 hours. There are some serious opinions about this player and trade.

He's a pretty polarizing player if you don't do your research or take a minute to ponder your personal standards.

I don't care for his mouth at times, or his incident at the Super Bowl..but I do care about his off field work with the community.

Of course, his brother and the whole family situations from years past don't help thingsuch either.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

I'll live with a 6th/7th for a guy that fills a real need.

With Crawford out, we needed more interior pass rush. Bennett is enough of a tweener to help there. His salary this year is peanuts. NE already ate the signing and roster bonus. Over . They must hate him. You can see his defensive snaps tapering off game to game.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BennMi99.htm

Simply from a cap savings perspective, it's a good deal, and his contract gives us his rights for next year if Quinn leaves. 2020 is also a "team option" year, which could turn a profit for us in a comp pick relative to the 6th/7th. NE really must hate him.

Looks like another Jerry signing of a bad boy on the cheap. Looking at the details of money and picks, it's a no brainer if he can still play.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I would have preferred an interior player like Geno Atkins, but who knows if we could have acquired him or how much it would cost?

For the price we paid, Bennett is a bargain. Let's just hope he doesn't play like one.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Even if he's not, it's still a brilliant transfer. I hate the idea of doing business with the Pats, but to only transfer away at worst a future 6 for him, that's a really good transfer.

Next year is a team option year. We can punt and maybe even make a profit with the comp pick relative to the trade pick.

This is NE just dumping a guy for whatever they can get for him.

rags

Reaction score
I don't know about this. If Belichick couldn't straighten him out, who can?