Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for Michael Bennett

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I don't know about this. If Belichick couldn't straighten him out, who can?

I don't know if there was anything to straighten out. It wasn't like he played poorly the year before in Philadelphia. It may have just been a bad fit schemewise. If he can produce the pressure he's been able to get the past few years, it will be a good, cheap pickup.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know about this. If Belichick couldn't straighten him out, who can?

Kris Richard. When Richard was let go in Seattle, the team soon traded away Michael Bennett. I can't help but to think that there was and still is a connection between the two and that's the reason for this move.

But to be honest, a part of me wonders if Bennett will actually ever play for the Cowboys?

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Did you really have to go there? Why? This is supposed to be about the Cowboys, not politics.

Yeah, that guy couldn’t have posted anything else that would have better proven just how big of a moron he is. He should be proud for maxing out the stupid meter.

gimmesix

Reaction score
NE got rid of him. Does he have anything left? He was really good 5 years ago.

He had nine sacks last year and 8 1/2 the year before. The production is there, but he's still bounced from Seattle to Philly to New England to Dallas in a relative short time, so there are some questions there. Since Richard worked with him in Seattle, though, I would think Dallas had a good conversation with their coach about Bennett before making this trade.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He had nine sacks last year and 8 1/2 the year before. The production is there, but he's still bounced from Seattle to Philly to New England to Dallas in a relative short time, so there are some questions there. Since Richard worked with him in Seattle, though, I would think Dallas had a good conversation with their coach about Bennett before making this trade.

This has Richard's name all over it. As does the big defensive tackle we signed last week. His influence is growing and Marinelli's is shrinking. With good reason.

But now we see if this move pays off and he can control Bennett's behavior or if it blows up in his face?

gimmesix

Reaction score
This has Richard's name all over it. As does the big defensive tackle we signed last week. His influence is growing and Marinelli's is shrinking. With good reason.

But now we see if this move pays off and he can control Bennett's behavior or if it blows up in his face?

Not sure it's a sign of Marinelli's influence shrinking. We need a better pass rush from the inside. Bennett, who can play tackle and end, was available for cheap. We have his former coach. That's better than picking up a player none of our coaches has ever worked with.

Other than being outspoken, I truly don't know if Bennett has been a problem player. Do we know of evidence of that when Seattle shipped him out or Philly moved him after one year?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not sure it's a sign of Marinelli's influence shrinking. We need a better pass rush from the inside. Bennett, who can play tackle and end, was available for cheap. We have his former coach. That's better than picking up a player none of our coaches has ever worked with.

The last two defensive linemen the team has signed have worked with Richard, not the defensive line coach.

Other than being outspoken, I truly don't know if Bennett has been a problem player. Do we know of evidence of that when Seattle shipped him out or Philly moved him after one year?

Check out his stance on the flag before games. (Don't want to start anything or get in trouble so I'm not sure how to word things)

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

We were already light on interior pass rush before they gave up on Crawford for the year.

This is a good opportunity meeting a need. A no brainer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Any reason to think that the new DT is anything more than a warm body?

They didn't sign him to just cut him. Somebody wanted him. And Crawford ain't coming back to need his 'spot' back. Although maybe they just cut the new guy for the newer guy? Who knows?