Signed by Cowboys Cowboys trade for OLB Elliott

Nirvana

Reaction score
Mayowa was our sack leader last season. Only DE tonget consistent pressure late in the year.

Good point. Scratch that. Tough roster move here - I guess the rumors to IR Gathers is true. Otherwise Tapper but I doubt they cut ties - yet. Or wait - Wilber!

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Dekoda Watson-esque move.

yes this is what they are doing here. They need a proven group on special teams. Gatchkar played special teams in this role and so does wilber. They replacing gatchkars snaps on special teams I imagine because jaylon smith won't cover them nor will durant. I dont think nzochea is long for the roster and alfred morris doesnt play special teams either so they are getting squeezed on gameday for st players.

I dont think wilber would be in trouble but this feels kind of like an upgraded wilber.

Reaction score
We will have this huge hole in our pass rush for the next 2-4 weeks, & we're trading for an OLB?! Makes zero sense. The Browns cut Karter Shult, DE, who won the Buck Buchanon Award in 2017 as the top defender in the FCS last year with 17 sacks. He had 1.5 sacks & 4 tackles in the last preseason game. Why not take a flier on someone like that?

jblaze2004

Reaction score
We will have this huge hole in our pass rush for the next 2-4 weeks, & we're trading for an OLB?! Makes zero sense. The Browns cut Karter Shult, DE, who won the Buck Buchanon Award in 2017 as the top defender in the FCS last year with 17 sacks. He had 1.5 sacks & 4 tackles in the last preseason game. Why not take a flier on someone like that?

He will play DE for us most likely.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He was an OLB because the Packers are a 3-4 team. He projects to DE here.

chicago JK

Reaction score
Packer fan bob storm seems to like the linebacker (mainly as a special teamer) but doesn't know much about Price

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
We like appearing clever.

Defense was the main reason we lost to Green Bay to end our season and we just signed and traded for two of their very bottom-roster guys.

i have watched that game a couple of times now and its so frustrating. The packers came out and did essentially what washington did on thanksgiving the difference was the skins kicked field goals early and the packers scored TD's.

the team could not defend a corner route.

I so hope this defense this year is much better. They have a chance to get some confidence against Denver, the rams and the niners early in the year.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
so this guy has a back issue and there is some thought about him not passing the physical on one of the packers message boards.

Hopefully its something minor

Qbert

Reaction score
Reading the packers message boards, Elliott has back problems, some think he might not even pass the cowboys physical