TRADED Cowboys trading for DT Jordan Phillips

conner01

Reaction score
Mazi is such a disappointment.

He wasn't the guy I would have picked but I liked it when they did.

I thought he was a war daddy but he's just a mutt.
I thought he could be what Phillips actually is, a space eater. I didn’t like the pick at that point since to me a space eater isn’t worth a first. But he’s a freak athlete so I thought he could be a solid player. So far he just doesn’t play up to his size at all

Rayman70

Reaction score
Kendricks, Philips, BOTH are placeholders, bridge players. Band-Aids. Lawson MIGHT have a chance to be decent and could help us more than we think if he can remain healthy and he is 29 still.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Kendricks, Philips, BOTH are placeholders, bridge players. Band-Aids. Lawson MIGHT have a chance to be decent and could help us more than we think if he can remain healthy and he is 29 still.
Cowboys got 2 years out of Hankins, and 1 good season from Gilmore. It's ok to have guys to fill the gaps till McClay can get a more long term fix. I agree Lawson n Kneeland on the 2nd unit could be something.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Good low risk move. He just needs to be part of a rotation. Curious if they will keep Justin Rogers on the 53 or try to get him to the PS

Rayman70

Reaction score
Good low risk move. He just needs to be part of a rotation. Curious if they will keep Justin Rogers on the 53 or try to get him to the PS
I have a hunch they will try like crazy to keep him on the active 53. He is a drafted player at a position of great need and has had a good camp. I bet you they have learned their lesson about putting guys on the PS thus risking a John Ridgeway situation where a team can poach a player they want.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
341lbs. Okay! So we got a NT. Must not like what they see from Mazi. Makes sense. I'm watching the game. We seem to be struggling in the run still.
Has nothing to do with what the see or do not see in Mazi. It is more about depth and possibly Carl Davis replacement. Probably do not like what he has been or has not been doing.

Havic

Reaction score
And if they can stay healthy all year that’s really all we need. This team is starting time out quality DTs are hard to find

SinceDayOne

Reaction score
It is a move. It was/is a need. The guy is/has been a good player. I like the move provided they are not giving up too much.

Rayman70

Reaction score
It is a move. It was/is a need. The guy is/has been a good player. I like the move provided they are not giving up too much.
we gave up a 6th. So basically, a freebie. Giants might have cut him, but this way we aren't competing with teams for him. This move only works if we can get something better from Mazi. We don't need to be relying on a 32 year old guy all the time.

Rayman70

Reaction score
also we got back a 2026 7th in return, so yeah, this was like getting a player of great need for nothing.

Sheepherder

Reaction score
Mazi is such a disappointment.

He wasn't the guy I would have picked but I liked it when they did.

I thought he was a war daddy but he's just a mutt.
For me, I was was really happy when they drafted Mazi because it he was a D.T. Anyway, he didn't pan out like I thought he might. Now when they drafted schoonmaker with that that 2nd pick, that ruined it for me. I was wanting them to go either running back or online with that pick. It made no sense because I thought Ferguson had potential. You never know around here.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I thought he could be what Phillips actually is, a space eater. I didn’t like the pick at that point since to me a space eater isn’t worth a first. But he’s a freak athlete so I thought he could be a solid player. So far he just doesn’t play up to his size at all
Yeah the line of scrimmage isn't important. We should save our 1st round picks for where it really matters. Like cornerback, for instance.