Twitter: Cowboys trying to get Jamal Adams - No Trade ***Closed***

Status
Not open for further replies.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Should have gone after Earl Thomas, would cost no picks and get elite talent. This will be a big confidence build for Heath, maybe he threaten to tackle Jerry.

They tried to trade for Thomas but it did not work out. So what do you mean they should have gone after him? Like during this trade period?

RW31

Reaction score
Crazy talk!
You dont know what youre talking about. Ramsey at his best is a good corner, thats it. Hes not a game changer, he doesnt affect the rest of your defense. Hes not a leader (more like a selfish prick). He has been dog**** this year. Every ball in his direction is being completed. Playing on a team with ELITE pass rush, making it easy for corners to do their job. He has 1 deflection over 5 games. Zero picks. Not saying it was all a product off their pass rush but he stinks...

Adams is an elite player on a terrible defense without any pass rush. They cant cover, they cant pass rush, they cant stop the run. He's doing a little bit of everything for that defense. He's a smaller version of Sean Taylor or a bigger Troy Polamalu. But I dont think those guys would have played that well on a terrible defense. He does. Like I said, go watch him play. Brian Baldinger did some film sessions on him, type it in and look it up. The guy is a monster. No safety, no DB does what he does. He's smart, he reads offenses, his instincts are off the charts. He doesnt miss tackles, he runs full speed into Guards and knocks them over and makes plays behind the line. Its scary to think what he would do on a good team.

starfan1

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a future in the NFL anymore. Rosters churn over about 90 percent in 5 years.

Zeke is going to get old very fast. The offensive line is a collection of chronic back injuries and strange illnesses. Free agency will soon pick it apart.

The future in the NFL is right now if you think you've got a good enough quarterback and a decent roster.
You make good points I just think we shouldn’t give more than a 1st and 4th this year . You need to build in draft every year

for the reasons you mentioned as well

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
While I tend to agree that a safety can't be worth 2 first round picks. The FO still deserves some criticism for only chasing Adams and not bringing in another safety that could give us an upgrade.
They went in with Adams or bust. They got bust.

An excellent point. There's a heck of a dropoff from Adams to Jeff Heath territory, and they should have had plans B, C, and D in case this one didn't work out. They clearly didn't.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
I can’t see how we wouldn’t have done a 1st and 3rd. Since we did similar for cooper. He’s a great young player under control for two more years.

jets got greedy... they needed something to sell to their disgruntled fan are. Getting the best of Dallas in a trade woulda made them look good.

now they just get to keep a player who doesn’t wanna be there in a locker room that’s bad right now.

Hadenough

Reaction score
Kinda glad they didnt over pay for Adams.
This team is good but be patient and draft players.

Rayman70

Reaction score
we did good not doing this JETS ARE NUTS. Now in 2 years, he leaves and they get nothing. TYPICAL JETS OWNERSHIP. Dumb as rocks...lol

InTheZone

Reaction score
never understood teams that think they have leverage in a deal with a player they're trying to get rid of. Sure their leverage is that he's under contract, but being stubborn for a deal that isn't bad for your pathetic team is just stupid. What do I know, I'm no billionaire or millionaire and I don't own or coach a team...

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
we did good not doing this JETS ARE NUTS. Now in 2 years, he leaves and they get nothing. TYPICAL JETS OWNERSHIP. Dumb as rocks...lol

They'll shop him again in the offseason. They didn't have to move him yet, just probably wanted to try while his value is as high as it can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.