Cowboys tweets 1/13/19

DFWJC

Reaction score
Look at these numbers from @percyhoward and you’ll see just how much of a chance our offense had to win the game for us last night.

So you can all blame Dak and the offense last night if you want to. But the truth is it would have taken a perfect offensive game to win last night. Considering how bad the defense played.
I agree.
Defense wins the blame game but offense not off the hook. It would've required a really great offensive game to pull it out. We for sure did not get that...imo.

Because we went for it so often on 4th, we only punted 4 times.
If we punt 3 times and continue driving, maybe we get OT
If we punt 2 times and score two more TDs , maybe we win outright.

But thats a lot to ask.
Not at all impossible Rams punted 3 times less, so that's 21 possible points
Crazy stuff in any case

In the end, as crappy as our defense was, they actually held them to short FGs three times
Couple that with their dropped pick 6, and we couldve lost by 19 more than we did with not too much effort.

Crazy game

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I agree.
Defense wins the blame game but offense not off the hook. It would've required a really great offensive game to pull it out. We for sure did not get that...imo.

Because we went for it so often on 4th, we only punted 4 times.
If we punt 3 times and continue driving, maybe we get OT
If we punt 2 times and score two more TDs , maybe we win outright.

But thats a lot to ask.
Not at all impossible Rams punted 3 times less, so that's 21 possible points
Crazy stuff in any case

In the end, as crappy as our defense was, they actually held them to short FGs three times
Couple that with their dropped pick 6, and we couldve lost by 19 more than we did with not too much effort.

Crazy game

Still,
I believe the offense was 1 for 10 on third down.