Cowboys tweets 1/20

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
How is it "standard"? The guy went from being a player to being a QB coach, with zero coaching experience.

And now just one year of middling results later, he might go from QB coach to offensive coordinator, with zero playcalling experience.

That's not "standard" anywhere except in Dallas.
Bingo - exactly what I was thinking - Dak had some struggles with mechanics and internal time clock, moving up/around in pocket (I don't question his leadership, guts, smarts, dedication, effort, focus = intangibles). Dak understandably got antsy after Atlanta 2017. But, the upside is there. He is a an ultra athletic/strong running able QB - was Moore?

Dak needs a good, experienced, teacher, preferably with some skins on the wall. Why promote someone who was already relatively inexperienced into an even more important role? Let Moore earn his stripes in College etc before promoting him - why do we take such chances when the window is always so small and so fast? Not saying Moore doesn't have potential, just really unproven and it didn't work great in 2018 in terms of the mechanics (I'm not talking 4th quarter comebacks, etc...- I'm talking finding open receivers, reading field, and consistent accuracy could still improve = which is a positive). Rather have a college guy with a decade calling offensive plays that has new ideas, not a young QB 2 years removed from backup status......I find this stuff weird, and surprising. Obviously the team/league knows about the mind of Moore and how clever he is, but still........

Reactions: BAT

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
I'm not getting all up In Arms about the presumed Moore to OC. Just dont know.
Really like the idea of Kitna coming in. Just have to wait and see. if it does prove true, so long as no extension for Garrett, I'm willing to see how it pays out. If Moore is as smart as they all say - hey, who knows. And if not, they will both be gone. ....

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
3 of the final 4 have their plays called by their head coach