Cowboys Tweets 11/14

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
The injury does not have a thing to do with his mental processing of what is unfolding in front of him.

Oh but your wrong. He has struggled in quick change of direction. Example he had Ryan dead to rights in the backfield, Ryan side stepped and Jaylon had issue changing direction. I have seen Jaylon pick up right coverage or even hit the correct hole but either he isn't confident with his knee or the brace won't allow him to change direction the way he needs.

This thing with Jaylon is over blown. Some like to call out his mistakes but none give him credit when he makes a play. I get it once a whipping boy hard to overcome it, especially a rookie

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
In Jaylon's defense he's a rookie - let's not pretend last year counted as anything but a rehab year. He's been asked to play too much because of injuries to Hitchens and Lee. I still think he'll develop.

Green is in his 3rd year, and he's regressed from last season. I don't have confidence that he will improve.

Smith shouldn't be on the field. Period. No excuses for that either way.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
True, but Lewis is a rookie too, and he's not playing like he's never played a football game in his life.......just saying.

I hear ya, some guys hit the ground running. It's a different position, though. I still think Jaylon will "get it", and show significant improvement next season. If he doesn't, then he probably never will.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Can't wait for the Apologists to defend this one.

They'll just avoid it.

Like they're doing with everything after that latest beatdown.

I've noticed how many of that crowd has suddenly turned into lurkers. Not that I'm complaining one bit. I'd prefer that than hearing anynonsense trying to justify this garbage.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Smith shouldn't be on the field. Period. No excuses for that either way.

Well, the excuses are the guys ahead of him being injured. If Hitchens and Lee hadn't missed time he'd have barely played this season.

So unless there's a LB Store next to The Star you're kind of stuck with the guys on your bench.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It is those kind of boneheaded maneuvers that make players lose faith in their coach.

Or the entire football world pointing out simple adjustments that those same coaches can't seem to think if?

But yeah, blame the players for everything...

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, the excuses are the guys ahead of him being injured. If Hitchens and Lee hadn't missed time he'd have barely played this season.

So unless there's a LB Store next to The Star you're kind of stuck with the guys on your bench.

There are guys on this roster that could certainly do a more capable job. Both Wilber and Durant. And there are guys on the street that can play linebacker more capably than Smith.

Until he gets it together mentally, he shouldn't be on the field. This looks like nothing more than stubbornness and not being able to admit that you're wrong. At least today, right now, this year, you're wrong. The kid's ready to play.