Cowboys Tweets 11/14

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Agreed. I thought the Seahawks from a few years ago would be around forever, and then they became beatable/vulnerable way earlier than expected.
Parity baby. No one team for the casuals to root for.

Just the city-centric guys and that, inevitably will alienate the casuals, except for the one, or two cities winning.

They didn't think this all the way through.

jday

Reaction score
I grasp the transition difficulty just fine.
He's rarely where he's supposed to be... guesses wrong a lot... three steps in the wrong direction... fills the wrong gap.
A lot of that can be fixed in the film room. I'm rooting for him but he needs to be smarter.

Trust me. I'm looking forward to the ascention of his play. He has enough film on himself to improve now.
It's the guessing wrong aspect of his game that has stood out to me as well. In recent memory, I don't recall seeing a linebacker struggle with diagnosis as much as he does but then again, I don't recall the last time I watched a linebacker as closely as I have him.

jblaze2004

Reaction score
He's taking out Hitchens is what he's doing.

That was the play i was referring to during the game and after the game. Falcons didn't even attempt to block him. He just ran into blockers. He could of stopped that play for a short gain instead he doesn't handle his assignment and its a 17 yard gain. Why do we continue to put him out on the field? Especially at MLB. Jaylon needs to be moved to SLB or WLB part time this year.

Gameover

Reaction score
Fans are fascinating. Garrett almost universally gets ripped by fans, but then when someone in the media does similar, fans get mad at said person and stand up for Garrett...
I did the same with Romo

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
There was literally countless plays just like this all night against the Falcons. Jaylon Smith on the field makes the Cowboys as good as 10 on 11...and I don't think his issues have anything to do with the injury and everything to do with him not being mentally ready for professional football. He was completely lost on Sunday and has been this entire year. Very disappointing.
Seems I was right all along unfortunately. I was always skeptical of him in run defense and as a lb that shouldn’t be the case

Silverstar

Reaction score
He was starting and looked horrible. You said he was a baller and one third of this board didn't know how to watch football... blah, blah, blah..

Not only did you carry his jock. You wore it on your head.

Now that nobody is left but you on the Jaylon-train, you want off... Nah boy, you ride that train until it jumps the track. There's no saving you now, clown.

:laugh:

L-O-Jete

Reaction score
You can't advance/push back a ball carrier not under his own volition.

Otherwise, a guy like Beasley would just get picked up and returned for a pick-6 on every play.
That comes under forward progress (Rule 7), but I find no mention of stopping the play while offensive player is still moving forward, even if not by his own impulse. How many times have we seen a runner get stopped and then get in the end zone because of a push from a lineman?