Twitter: Cowboys Tweets 5/11

jujoboys

Reaction score
According to overthecap he will make 480k this year! Sign me up! Agreed, Hope he is smart with the $$, can really set himself up nicely if he is.

I doubt Showers will end up making $480K this year because I doubt he makes the 53 man roster. That $480K represents the amount he would make if he makes the 53 man roster. If he doesn't make the regular roster and he qualifies for the practice squad then he gets a minimum of $7600 a week for every week he is on the practice squad for the 17 regular season weeks and would get that weekly pay also if we made the playoffs.

Reaction score
The 49ers had a ton of CAP space this year and they wanted a bunch of the money to hit their CAP this year so the CAP hits would be smaller in the future. His CAP hit is only $20 million next year.
That's actually very smart cap management on the part of the 49ers.

And if it doesn't work out they can cut him next year and save $6.9M. They save $22.4M if they cut him in 2020.

So yeah, it's a huge, ridiculous contract. But it's one the 49ers can easily get out of if he doesn't produce.

Last edited:

DiResta

Reaction score

Dallas Cowboys linebacker Jaylon Smith says that he is no longer wearing the AFO brace for drop foot.

He said he has not worn it since he began working out again in February.

A source said Smith is looking Notre Dame-fast again and primed for a big year after just being happy to get in the field in 2017. He missed all of 2016 recovering from injuries to his anterior cruciate and lateral collateral ligaments in his left knee and overcoming damage to the peroneal nerve in his final game at Notre Dame.