Twitter: Cowboys tweets 5/5

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
5.5 sacks from DT aint bad. For RDE, he should only have been in there on rush downs anyway.

When the team has to run stunts for him to get all of them? Yeah, it is bad. And successful teams aren't running "run down" RDE's out there. A guy can either play there or he can't. Crawford can't.

Hill, Collins, Woods, and Covington inside. Is that your answer to my question:
What's your DT pass rush rotation?​

You can add Hyder in there as well. For a fraction of the price​

I don't like that answer. I only see two guys I want in there on pass downs, and one of them hasn't played and NFL snap yet. Crawford was our most productive interior pass rushman by a wide margin. Collins was a distant second, and there was no significant interior pass rush past them.

Hyder had an 8-sack season. Let me know when Crawford ever gets there.

I "don't like any answer" that includes Crawford. A guy who doesn't get the job done at any of the positions. Again, every one of his sacks came because of scheme, not ability

Dre11

Reaction score
I feel like Tyrone Crawford is the new Greg Ellis. Greg Ellis had a good career but hated because he was drafted instead of Randy Moss. Tyrone Crawford is a good player but he is hated because he has a big contract.

Lol, so true. These people can't wait to get rid of good players. Then whine if they struggle.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
we know what we have out of Crawford. Better to shed his contract now. we arent goig to the SB this year, make the changes now that can make you better tomorrow.

Not sure I see how keeping him this year holds the team back, financially or developmentally. Outside of Lawrence, who is better on the DL?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
In my opinion? Numbers.

His contract numbers, combined with the numbers on the defensive line, combined with the number of sacks he's gotten as a defensive end - zero. He's long been a round peg trying to fit into a square hole. He's got a big salary and no solid starting role. Add it all up and it equals time to make a change to me.

His contract numbers aren't an issue financially, certainly not this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
His contract numbers aren't an issue financially, certainly not this year.

Show me others teams paying non-starters $10 million a year. It's not good business and it's a poor return on investment.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Nostrodomus? What are the lottery numbers? :laugh:

Honestly, this FO is gearing up for a Superbowl run and that is why they aren't going to release or trade a guy they really like, like Crawford when we don't need the cap space and a fifth in next year's draft does not mean a thing for a team making a run this year.

And to be honest, I like our chances better this year, than I have in some time. I am not saying I would bet my house on it, but maybe a $100!

this is said every year. dont take offense if im right again.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Which is generally right after they pray to the Porcelain God for about 35 straight minutes longer than they thought possible.
For the 6th time...

Or....

Jules: Yeah, I was sitting here, eating my muffin and drinking my coffee and replaying the incident in my head, when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
Or....

Jules: Yeah, I was sitting here, eating my muffin and drinking my coffee and replaying the incident in my head, when I had what alcoholics refer to as a moment of clarity.
Goto: 20

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
When the team has to run stunts for him to get all of them? Yeah, it is bad. And successful teams aren't running "run down" RDE's out there. A guy can either play there or he can't. Crawford can't.

You can add Hyder in there as well. For a fraction of the price​

Hyder had an 8-sack season. Let me know when Crawford ever gets there.

I "don't like any answer" that includes Crawford. A guy who doesn't get the job done at any of the positions. Again, every one of his sacks came because of scheme, not ability

Hyder had an 8-sack season as DE. That's encouraging, but he did nothing as a DT last year.

Teams with sense run stunts to get their dlinemen free. At least Crawford executed them successfully.

You can not like Crawford all day long, but that doesn't mean we have anyone better, and you don't suggest that we do.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Show me others teams paying non-starters $10 million a year. It's not good business and it's a poor return on investment.

Sunk cost: 3mil.

His salary is 7mil. Not bad for our best DT. I've been wanting to cut him for ages, but he keeps producing.

Bad news for people wanting to get rid of him is that Collins leaves next year. Even if Hill works out, we still might not be in a position to move on from Crawford.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hyder had an 8-sack season as DE. That's encouraging, but he did nothing as a DT last year.

If i remember correctly, they changed over to a 3-4 defense that Hyder doesn't fit.

Teams with sense run stunts to get their dlinemen free. At least Crawford executed them successfully.

"Least" is a good choice of words.

You can not like Crawford all day long, but that doesn't mean we have anyone better, and you don't suggest that we do.

On the contrary, I've suggested repeatedly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

His salary is 7mil. Not bad for our best DT. I've been wanting to cut him for ages, but he keeps producing.

And why isn't your "best DT" not even starting there? How's is it that your "best DT" lost his starting job inside? Why is he now nothing more than a role player?

Bad news for people wanting to get rid of him is that Collins leaves next year. Even if Hill works out, we still might not be in a position to move on from Crawford.

Then shame on "us" then. There's no excuse for a team to struggle to move on from an overpaid role player.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

I really believe they are going to ask him to extend another year and reduce his salary hit. In 2020, the only thing we know about this DL is that Tank and Hill be back. Woods likely will as an RFA, but Gregory - who knows? Taco, yea, maybe, he hasn't shown much. Besides that, we have late round picks left.

I know he has become the new whipping boy, but the experts actually think he is worth it, so he will be back.

CowboyJ70

Reaction score
It actually makes sense to cut him after this year as far as salary cap. Less dead money after this year.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Crawford is not getting paid 10M in 2019.

He's costing $10 million overall, and I'm not going to argue about how the money is being spent that contributes to that number. Anyone who wants to know can see it for themselves.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And why isn't your "best DT" not even starting there? How's is it that your "best DT" lost his starting job inside? Why is he now nothing more than a role player?

Then shame on "us" then. There's no excuse for a team to struggle to move on from an overpaid role player.
Crawford has started 75 of the past 80 regular season games.

He started 15 regular season games in 2018 and both playoff games.