Cowboys Tweets 8/20

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agreed......Broaddus has no clue who Garret trusts and still plenty of preseason for competition and trust building to take place. I suspect Rod Smith will get plenty of opportunities and Rush will move up the depth chart.
sunburn-- i really hope you are right and the brain trust of cowboys is not brain dead in love with Kellen Moore

Plankton

Reaction score
if rico is slow to recover from symptoms, i put him on pup to buy a little more time. he won't be getting tons of field time and would he be on the active game day roster?

He can't be put on PUP - you can only go on PUP if you weren't cleared to practice at all during camp. Once you're active at any point, you are ineligible to be put on PUP.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Nice, creative work, well done.

And, as you've mentioned, possible suspensions will play a key role.

It seems to me the only questions come down to about four players:

1) If Elliott beats his suspension, do you keep four backs? My answer is no.

There's no need for Morris if McFadden is healthy because he doesn't play special teams while Smith does.

2) Do you keep a ninth OL despite the fact that he won't dress for games?

I can't see the need since we have Green, who has proven value, and two vets (Looney and Bell) to be the backups. The only question really is who gets kept. If Cooper wins the left guard job I think Looney stays. If Green wins the left guard job, I think Cleary stays. (Cleary might win out over Bell anyway.)

3) Do we go long at linebacker if Wilson isn't suspended in order to keep Durant?

I believe Durant was re-signed as a reaction to Wilson potentially being suspended. He was on the street at the time, so I see no reason not to put him back on the street and bring him in later if we need him. If we lose him in the meantime, so be it.

4) Do we go extra long at corner in order to keep both White and Thomas?

Right now, I see this as a battle between the two for one roster spot. I don't think we'll have any problem getting either one to the practice squad. If Carroll's suspended, we either keep both or go long at one of those other spots. I think it's most likely that we would keep both, though, in that case.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It seems to me the only questions come down to about four players:

1) If Elliott beats his suspension, do you keep four backs? My answer is no.

There's no need for Morris if McFadden is healthy because he doesn't play special teams while Smith does.

2) Do you keep a ninth OL despite the fact that he won't dress for games?

I can't see the need since we have Green, who has proven value, and two vets (Looney and Bell) to be the backups. The only question really is who gets kept. If Cooper wins the left guard job I think Looney stays. If Green wins the left guard job, I think Cleary stays. (Cleary might win out over Bell anyway.)

3) Do we go long at linebacker if Wilson isn't suspended in order to keep Durant?

I believe Durant was re-signed as a reaction to Wilson potentially being suspended. He was on the street at the time, so I see no reason not to put him back on the street and bring him in later if we need him. If we lose him in the meantime, so be it.

4) Do we go extra long at corner in order to keep both White and Thomas?

Right now, I see this as a battle between the two for one roster spot. I don't think we'll have any problem getting either one to the practice squad. If Carroll's suspended, we either keep both or go long at one of those other spots. I think it's most likely that we would keep both, though, in that case.

I'd like some sort of a resolution to these suspensions in order to make an informed decision on the roster. The timing sucks. If they're lucky, they'll know about Carroll before final cut downs, but Wilson's situation will likely linger into the season.

I just don't want to lose a young talent like Rico, Rush, or Noah Brown while this team keeps a stiff like Kellen Moore around to appease one coach.

vaturkey

Reaction score
Bunch of these guys might be cut and then resigned after the first game when their contracts are guaranteed for the year. Maybe the back up QB, maybe the 5th string running back and perhaps Durant. Pretty much happens every year.