Cowboys Tweets 8/20

Fla Cowpoke

Reaction score
Maybe I don't see what you see, but I see a kid with far superior arm strength than Moore. That thing is a noodle. He also has a nice tight spiral, and has good trajectory when throwing. He may not have Carson Wentz arm, but he can clearly make all the throws needed to play in this league. JMO

He is throwing on time and he does have a better arm than Moore but it is nowhere near Wentz who is certainly in the top 10 for arms most likely. He would be in the bottom third. Check out his scouting reports, they all mention his arm is limited.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Lewis certainly has the benefit of being a draft pick going for him. Not sure how far that goes for him though when he hasn't been able to do anything. Thomas is most definitely a guy on the bubble but he continues to get better each outing.
Doesn't matter, Dallas isn't cutting a 3rd round pick that had a first to second round grade. Say whatever you want but Lewis will make this roster......it's a lock

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
There is really no reason they can't keep all three. They need to trim some fat, like Moore, anyway. The problem with keeping all three of these players is it means one of the RB's is likely gone though. Which in the even its McFadden, doesn't really bother me.

With Switzer not being healthy the entire pre-season so far, I wouldn't be surprised if they open up another roster spot for a WR. Rush should/could beat out Moore. Rico has already beat out Swaim, if they're being honest.

Now, will they go with the more talented players and keep these three guys? Garrett's history tells us no. But, there is no reason they can't.

I don't think it would be that difficult, either, especially with the suspensions.

If you have three quarterbacks, four tight ends and six receivers, that's 13 roster spots, plus the three automatics on special teams (for 16 accounted for.)

You can keep the rest to 37 by keeping:

1 FB (Smith)

3 RBs (McFadden, Morris, Smith if Elliott's suspended; cut Morris if Elliott's not)

8 OL (Smith, Cooper, Frederick, Martin, Collins, Green, Looney, Bell or Cleary)

That gives us 25 offensive players.

5 DEs (Lawrence, Crawford, Mayowa, Charlton, Tapper or Jones, with Moore and Irving suspended)

4 DTs (Collins, Thornton, Paea, Neal)

6 LBs (Lee, Smith, Hitchens, Wilber, Durant, Nzeocha, with Wilson possibly suspended; cut Durant if Wilson isn't)

6 CBs (Scandrick, Carroll, Brown, Awusie, Lewis, Thomas or White; can keep both Thomas and White if Carroll is suspended)

4 Ss (Jones, Heath, Woods and Frazier)

That gives us 25 on defense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There's absolutely no reason this has to be true.

I'm putting all of them - each and every one - ahead of Kellen Moore in who I'm keeping.

This is the part that would disgust me, if this team were to lose one of these quality young players for a runt of the litter who lacks the skills to play football at the pro level.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think it would be that difficult, either, especially with the suspensions.

If you have three quarterbacks, four tight ends and six receivers, that's 13 roster spots, plus the three automatics on special teams (for 16 accounted for.)

You can keep the rest to 37 by keeping:

1 FB (Smith)

3 RBs (McFadden, Morris, Smith if Elliott's suspended; cut Morris if Elliott's not)

8 OL (Smith, Cooper, Frederick, Martin, Collins, Green, Looney, Bell or Cleary)

That gives us 25 offensive players.

5 DEs (Lawrence, Crawford, Mayowa, Charlton, Tapper or Jones, with Moore and Irving suspended)

4 DTs (Collins, Thornton, Paea, Neal)

6 LBs (Lee, Smith, Hitchens, Wilber, Durant, Nzeocha, with Wilson possibly suspended; cut Durant if Wilson isn't)

6 CBs (Scandrick, Carroll, Brown, Awusie, Lewis, Thomas or White; can keep both Thomas and White if Carroll is suspended)

4 Ss (Jones, Heath, Woods and Frazier)

That gives us 25 on defense.

Nice, creative work, well done.

And, as you've mentioned, possible suspensions will play a key role.