Cowboys two years away from Super Bowl contention

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
This is equivalent to a bar hanging a permanent sign on their door that says free beer tomorrow.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
They have been saying this for a long time...

dave-davie-always-a-bridesmaid-never-a-bride-mood-28396341.png

stilltheguru

Reaction score
The only way we'll win is with elite talent. We dont have a coaching advantage (same ole story). Is jerry opening up the checkbook or something? If not the ceiling is a wildcard.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I agree. next year, new DC, trying to install his system. so give him a year. plus, hopefully, we will have a bunch of rookies getting playing time....then perhaps ready to make a run in 2022......I am kind of leaning that Nolan bears a lot of the blame for defensive collapse, and players the other half, so hopefully quinn is better.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Hate to bust your bubble but the Cowboys don't play the dreg teams every week so your fantasy of soft stats #1 offense just don't hold water. The great O was 8-8 in 2019 with the 9-11 ranked defense and with bumbling MM at the helm and Jerry drafting them up and mega $$$$ QB contact like a boat anchor dragging them down this team is going nowhere anytime soon. As usual your homer delusions and lack of Football IQ are very obvious.
Teams have records, not offenses. :muttley:

Cowboys offense broke the nfl record for offense through the first 4 games when dak was the qb. 37 points per game.

Cry all you want about defense, dak is your qb. :clap::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
and the stats won one game that was a lucky onside kick, the other one dalton came in a won. Those stats more than likely would have been zero if not for luck of a watermelon kick.

ICP

Reaction score
Lol, now they are two years away? Weren't they supposed contenders this year when this disaster if a season started?

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
The team is nowhere near being a SB contending team as long as the Jones boy's priorities are so screwed up. I don't even think they care about the SB.

Brax

Reaction score
Hate isn't a delusion?
Teams have records, not offenses. :muttley:

Cowboys offense broke the nfl record for offense through the first 4 games when dak was the qb. 37 points per game.

Cry all you want about defense, dak is your qb. :clap::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave:
You were the one crying about the D not me, I bet it felt great to break all those stat records and be 2-3 and sucking more each week. But that's how Dak homies feel, It's not about quality its the quantity against the scrub D's then fine excuses for when they play a quality team. Love the little girl emojis you use, just pathetic. Hopefully Jerry pays him 45-48 million a year to stay ahead of the "market" so we can enjoy all your lame sad pathetic excuses week in and out for years about it not being Daks fault for the failures and how it's a team sport meanwhile extoling the stats against the weak sisters and exposing all the conspiracies' when they miss the play offs yet again.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You were the one crying about the D not me, I bet it felt great to break all those stat records and be 2-3 and sucking more each week. But that's how Dak homies feel, It's not about quality its the quantity against the scrub D's then fine excuses for when they play a quality team. Love the little girl emojis you use, just pathetic. Hopefully Jerry pays him 45-48 million a year to stay ahead of the "market" so we can enjoy all your lame sad pathetic excuses week in and out for years about it not being Daks fault for the failures and how it's a team sport meanwhile extoling the stats against the weak sisters and exposing all the conspiracies' when they miss the play offs yet again.

Team has been mediocre no doubt, but it's no fault of the offense. That much should be obvious.

Maybe you are just incapable of making a simple team analysis on why the team is mediocre. All you ever complain about is Dak when the defense last year was all time NFL bad for a while. 31st in run defense giving up 158 yards per game and 31 points per game overall. First 4 games it was 39 points per game.

Maybe you are just football dumb? I cant answer that for you. Even a moron can see how bad the defense is. Would you expect ANY team to be great with that kind of a defense? Again, you would have to be football dumb to think that.

And your 45-48 million hilarious exaggeration.........................is that all you can do to try and grasp a point? You sound completely misinformed and ridiculous throwing around those kind of laughable numbers. Makes you look even more dumb saying it.

How can anyone do anything but laugh in your face?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
and the stats won one game that was a lucky onside kick, the other one dalton came in a won. Those stats more than likely would have been zero if not for luck of a watermelon kick.

And you blame the offense for those losses when we scored an average of 37 points a game? You would have to be dumb to come up with that analysis.

I'll give you a big clue as to why we lost those games.....................................ready..................wait for it......................The defense gave up 39 points per game.

Offense broke the NFL record for offense through the first 4 games. Broke the record set by...............THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF, Rams team. Yet we still lost.

Did you watch the Cleveland game where the defense gave up 300 yards rushing and 50 points?

Duh It was Dak's fault!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Delete your account. You don't belong in a football conversation.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And you blame the offense for those losses when we scored an average of 37 points a game? You would have to be dumb to come up with that analysis.

I'll give you a big clue as to why we lost those games.....................................ready..................wait for it......................The defense gave up 39 points per game.

Offense broke the NFL record for offense through the first 4 games. Broke the record set by...............THE GREATEST SHOW ON TURF, Rams team. Yet we still lost.

Did you watch the Cleveland game where the defense gave up 300 yards rushing and 50 points?

Duh It was Dak's fault!!! :lmao2::lmao2::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Delete your account. You don't belong in a football conversation.

Do you see the link between having great personnel on offense and having a bad defense? The defense is a sum of what we have invested in it. We let our best DB walk last off season and replaced him with a JAG. We do not have a single first round pick residing on the DL. Meanwhile, we have spent 2 out of our last 3 first round picks on WRS and have the highest paid rb in the league. So what is your magic plan to improve the defense paying Dak 40M a year? Which cog of the offense are you willing to part with to clear the cap space required to fix the defense? ( and don't be shocked if subtracting pro bowl level personnel from the offense has a poor effect on Dak)

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's simple give me a disruptor at DT. Give me 2 young OLs, some good defensive coaching and you will be at the dance in 2 years.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
.......because......... we suck with Dak making chump change but will somehow improve by paying him 40M a year?

LOL..........EXACTLY.....................you just nailed it.............the reason we are mediocre has nothing to do with Dak's salary. Its Jerry's inability to draft the other side of the ball.

And what is 20 million going to buy you anyway? Thats all we would realistically save by moving on from Dak. Any first high first round QB will cost around 10 million. Any FA QB will cost you more than 10 million.

20 million is about what was paid to Jones the CB we let go. Is Jones going to make us a contender? Nope, he was here for 5 years and he didnt do that.

Any way you slice it, your dumbed down theories about NOT paying Dak fall short.

Getting rid of your top 5 QB in his prime is the dumbest suggestion anyone could make and it will never happen. Crying about it wont help.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I think Nolan put us in a hole early this year with trying to do too much on defense without a real training camp.
Early in the year, the D was historically bad.....2012 Cowboys level bad
dead last.

I said at the time that the D would end ranked higher...maybe low to mid 20s and got hammered for it.
Well, they did rise about 10 spots.

But by then, Dak had been hurt and the season was basically lost.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Do you see the link between having great personnel on offense and having a bad defense? The defense is a sum of what we have invested in it. We let our best DB walk last off season and replaced him with a JAG. We do not have a single first round pick residing on the DL. Meanwhile, we have spent 2 out of our last 3 first round picks on WRS and have the highest paid rb in the league. So what is your magic plan to improve the defense paying Dak 40M a year? Which cog of the offense are you willing to part with to clear the cap space required to fix the defense? ( and don't be shocked if subtracting pro bowl level personnel from the offense has a poor effect on Dak)

Paying Dak has nothing to do with the defense. Nothing at all. Dak was paid an average of 1 million for 4 years and we couldnt build defense. Or did you miss all that?

You would be better off complaining about Zeke being paid or Lawrence or Jaylon. Dak earns his money and is a top 5 QB at the most important position in all of sports.

Jones has failed the defense by failing the draft.

Drafting:

Zeke over Ramsey
Taco over TJ Watt
Hill over Rapp

And on top of it, Dak has proven that he doenst need Zeke anymore. He doesnt even need a top Oline anymore. He is now a fully developed top 5 QB that can carry an offense. The Oline the first 4 games was injured and horrible. Dak lead the best offense in NFL history during that time scoring 37 points per game.

Who will I sacrifice? Easy one......................Zeke, Jaylon, Tyron Smith. Thats 40 million right there. Plenty of money. I would also resign Gallup if he will resign for under 13 million or under and let Cooper walk. Thats another 7 million.

Diggs has already replaced Jones. And he actually had 3 picks.

Any other questions?

Here is a question for you.................what is your magic plan to find another top 5 QB fully developed? And how are you going to do both that and build a defense? Now your offense sucks AND your defense sucks, AND you dont have a QB.

But hey, you got another 20 million to spend in FA. LOL