Cowboys unsure whether Elliott will be available

bodi

Reaction score
http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...liott-will-be-available/ar-AAsQ08Z?li=BBnba9I

In Sunday's 35-30 loss to the Los Angeles Rams, Elliott had arguably his best game of the season with 85 yards rushing and a touchdown and 54 yards receiving and a touchdown.

It was a huge loss for the Cowboys (2-2) and one that might loom even larger if the 5th Circuit rules in the NFL's favor and Elliott is indeed forced to begin his six-game suspension.

Owner Jerry Jones said the Cowboys were "sick that we lost that game," but refused to speculate on Elliott's future.

"Well now, we are down now to where it's in the hands of that appellate group of judges and I wouldn't dare speculate as to, or try in any way to have them read something I might say," Jones said.

REPORT CARD VS. RAMS

--PASSING OFFENSE: D - This is on Dak Prescott and his season-long accuracy issues. He passed for 252 yards and three touchdowns. But so much more was out there for the taking. His inability to consistently connect with Dez Bryant is a bigger problem because he is no longer connecting with Cole Beasley, who led the team in receptions last year

--RUSHING OFFENSE: B - The Cowboys rushed 27 times for 189 yards. That includes a 70-yard run from Alfred Morris and 21 carries for 85 yards for Ezekiel Elliott. But if you think the Cowboys ran effectively enough to win the game then you missed the third quarter when they had three straight three-and-outs. It's still mind-boggling that Ryan Switzer got a carry from backfield.

--PASS DEFENSE: F - Jared Goff completed 21 of 36 passes for 255 yards and two touchdowns. He passed for 172 yards in the second half alone as he exploited the Cowboys linebackers with passes to running back Todd Gurley. The Cowboys couldn't get off the field and didn't make plays. Anthony Brown dropped an interception. A sack and forced fumble by DeMarcus Lawrence went for naught as the Cowboys didn't get on the ball. It was the only sack of the game.

--RUSH DEFENSE: F - The Rams rushed 31 times for 168 yards as the Cowboys got gashed on the ground. Todd Gurley rushed 23 times for 121 yards as the Cowboys gave up their second 100-yard rusher of the season after giving up none in 16 games last year. The defense missed linebacker Sean Lee who sat out with a hamstring injury. Jaylon Smith led the Cowboys with 10 tackles, but they weren't impactful.

--SPECIAL TEAMS: F

--COACHING: F - The Cowboys made no halftime adjustments, unlike the Rams, who found a way to move the ball on offense and stone Dak Prescottt and Ezekiel Elliott in the third quarter.

yentl911

Reaction score
sucks that this is hanging over the team. Lets make a decision and live with it now rather than later and move on.

Proximo

Reaction score
sucks that this is hanging over the team. Lets make a decision and live with it now rather than later and move on.

Yea, Elliott has made a decision now, and the decision is that he's fighting this until he either wins or the process is exhausted. Which is what he should do, assuming he's innocent and being erroneously branded a woman beater. There are some things in life that are bigger than football, even if you're a football player, believe it or not.

aria

Reaction score
Ironic. I remember being bashed and called a troll for saying I wanted Zeke suspended for the first 6 games when the schedule was the easiest.

That aside I still hope he breaks his legs as soon as he gets off suspension. It would be nice to go an entire season without this clown to show people we're not as dependent on him as some think and the future headaches he'll surely bring won't be worth it.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Ironic. I remember being bashed and called a troll for saying I wanted Zeke suspended for the first 6 games when the schedule was the easiest.

That aside I still hope he breaks his legs as soon as he gets off suspension. It would be nice to go an entire season without this clown to show people we're not as dependent on him as some think and the future headaches he'll surely bring won't be worth it.

What kind of a head case wishes harm on another human being. Go see a shrink

aria

Reaction score
What kind of a head case wishes harm on another human being. Go see a shrink
About 90% of the people on this site.

Let's see, last year it was wishing injuries on Jordy Nelson during the playoff game. Hoping Rodgers injury would be more serious so he couldn't play. This year there were several comments with "likes" about OBJ being hurt and wishing further and more serious injury on him.

I don't like Zeke, plain and simple and I hope he gets hurt. How's the saying go, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.

The Natural

Reaction score

???

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score

Well aria, if it walks like a troll and talks like a troll

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Let's see, last year it was wishing injuries on Jordy Nelson during the playoff game. Hoping Rodgers injury would be more serious so he couldn't play. This year there were several comments with "likes" about OBJ being hurt and wishing further and more serious injury on him.

I don't like Zeke, plain and simple and I hope he gets hurt. How's the saying go, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em.
How old are you? This is not the rantings of a grown man/woman.

Last edited:

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I hope you're either drunk or joking.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score

You're sick.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would prefer Zeek be suspended this year.
I would prefer no suspension but if it is inevitable let it be now.

Yea, can't disagree. The way this team is playing, other suspended players, defense looking porous again. Until they get it together, IF they get it together. Offense still struggling somewhat. Though I blame the coaches mostly on that, and Dak not being as accurate.
But if the team is going to continue to disappoint. may as well get it over with. Get a better draft pick, and pick a speed WR. Put it together next season...yet again, next season.

"next season" is the chorus line in this song and dance routine Garrett keeps putting on stage....time for a new director? :muttley:

waving monkey

Reaction score
Yea, can't disagree. The way this team is playing, other suspended players, defense looking porous again. Until they get it together, IF they get it together. Offense still struggling somewhat. Though I blame the coaches mostly on that, and Dak not being as accurate.
But if the team is going to continue to disappoint. may as well get it over with. Get a better draft pick, and pick a speed WR. Put it together next season...yet again, next season.

"next season" is the chorus line in this song and dance routine Garrett keeps putting on stage....time for a new director? :muttley:
I'll admit I knew the lyrics

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score

What disgusting post and person. I pity you

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score

I’ve only ever wished for one person to be hurt and only his/her fingers to prevent typing.