CFZ Cowboys Use 11 Draft Picks in 2023 NFL draft

Motorola

Reaction score
Those trades don’t count for Dallas. Only Eagles get credit for trades on here.
you know the Eagles slobberers on here use double standards.

Yeah if you factor in the trades, with the starters and added depth. Pretty good haul.
Cowboys Zone can't eradicate rival teams' fan from this site.
Cowboys Fans ----- just ignore the trolls' responses.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys have already gotten at least 4 starters out of the 2023 NFL Draft. If you give the Eagles credit for trading their 1st round pick to the Titans for A.J. Brown, then you MUST also give the Cowboys credit for trading 3 low round picks for starters in Hankins, Cooks and Gilmore. Whether Schoonmaker or Ferguson becomes TE1, the truth is that TE1 and TE2 play a lot of snaps. Schoonmaker is a better prospect than Dalton Schultz was when drafted. Overshown will likely become a nickel Linebacker/Safety for the Cowboys in the mold of Jevon Kearse. The Cowboys new Dline Coach Shariff Floyd was on the radio, and indicated that Fehoko will be asked to bulk up, and play in the rotation as a 3-tech DT with Odighizuwa.

This may not seem like a sexy draft, but the Cowboys are using their draft capital to build a team for now and the future.
  • 1st Round #26 - DT Mazi Smith, Michigan
  • 2nd Round #58 - TE Luke Schoonmaker, Michigan
  • 3rd Round #90 - LB DeMarvion Overshown, Texas
  • 4th Round #129 - DE Viliami Fehoko, San Jose State
  • 5th Round #161 - WR Brandin Cooks, Oregon (Cowboys trade pick to Texans)
  • 5th Round #169 - OG Asim Richards, North Carolina
  • 5th Round #176 - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina (Cowboys trade pick to Colts)
  • 6th Round #178 - CB Eric Scott, Jr., Southern Mississippi (Cowboys trade 2024 5th round pick for Chiefs 2023 6th round pick)
  • 6th Round #204 - DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (Cowboys trade pick to Raiders)
  • 6th Round #212 - RB Deuce Vaughn, Kansas State
  • 7th Round #244 - WR Jalen Brooks, South Carolina
Forgot about Gilmore. Yeah definitely worth that 5th rounder

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
I'm not dumping on the TE they got in the 2nd, maybe he'll be a great fit. But I kinda wish they'd traded that 2 for Hopkins.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not dumping on the TE they got in the 2nd, maybe he'll be a great fit. But I kinda wish they'd traded that 2 for Hopkins.
Hopkins isn't the old Hopkins and isn't worth a 2. There is a reason he wasn't traded. The Cardinals are asking too much and he makes too much. And he doesn't help blocking in any way like the new TE will.

ChuckA1

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will admit I was really hoping for Torrence or Avila in the 2nd. That said, I'm happy with the draft and excited to see the new players.

CowboysDrew

Reaction score
Hopkins isn't the old Hopkins and isn't worth a 2. There is a reason he wasn't traded. The Cardinals are asking too much and he makes too much. And he doesn't help blocking in any way like the new TE will.
Yeah, I get that. I'm going to trust McCarthy knows what he's doing there. They know more than I do sitting on my couch.

Maybe Hopkins wants out so bad he still becomes available.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I think Schoonmaker is going to be an H-Back/Vertical Threat. His combine numbers are very similar to Mark Andrews.
Aye I have nothing against the guy. I know his production was lackluster but I think he has potential. A 25 year old tight end….two years younger than Schultz. I’m not an ageist if it’s with lesser picks…In the second….not sure it makes sense.

Jumbo075

Reaction score
Just to be crystal clear, there will be some drafted players who bust from this draft class. There always are. But you have to wait on some players to develop. If the Cowboys bailed on players like S Donovan Wilson after two years, like some fans do, then they never would have seen him develop into the assassin he was last year for the Cowboys' defense.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Won’t know about it this draft until we start playing. No splash players. Did anyone see any steals. Anyone that slipped down. I liked the DT pick.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Cowboys have already gotten at least 4 starters out of the 2023 NFL Draft. If you give the Eagles credit for trading their 1st round pick to the Titans for A.J. Brown, then you MUST also give the Cowboys credit for trading 3 low round picks for starters in Hankins, Cooks and Gilmore. Whether Schoonmaker or Ferguson becomes TE1, the truth is that TE1 and TE2 play a lot of snaps. Schoonmaker is a better prospect than Dalton Schultz was when drafted. Overshown will likely become a nickel Linebacker/Safety for the Cowboys in the mold of Jevon Kearse. The Cowboys new Dline Coach Shariff Floyd was on the radio, and indicated that Fehoko will be asked to bulk up, and play in the rotation as a 3-tech DT with Odighizuwa.

This may not seem like a sexy draft, but the Cowboys are using their draft capital to build a team for now and the future.
  • 5th Round #176 - CB Stephon Gilmore, South Carolina (Cowboys trade pick to Colts)
  • 6th Round #178 - CB Eric Scott, Jr., Southern Mississippi (Cowboys trade 2024 5th round pick for Chiefs 2023 6th round pick)
  • 6th Round #204 - DT Johnathan Hankins, Ohio State (Cowboys trade pick to Raiders)
Richards, Gilmore Scott, Brooks, Hankins won't be on the team past this season. That isn't building towards the future. Schoonmaker will be almost 30 when his rookie deal is up and was the worst reach/pick for need I have seen in a long time.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Stop trying to improve the draft by adding in free agent trades as that is not how it works.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
...soon to be 25-year old rookie TE wasn't worth a 2nd either.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
It works that way for the Eagles slobberers on here. But it doesn't for the Cowboys fans on here?
Last I checked when I logged in it said Cowboys Zone...am I in the right place?
So you go on an Eagles tirade because I pointed out you can't grade the draft on free-agent trades? Okay, seems a bit emotional overreaction but whatever.