Cowboys video news...

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
Try this. Open the folder and drag the "hotstepper" vid and put it somewhere else, like on the desktop. This will "copy" it to the desktop. Then right-click on the desktop "hotstepper" copy and select "play with media player".

my media player will only play the music not the video....Thats why I downloaded the divx player...i tried to drag it and it still isnt working...wow this is really making me :mad:

JDSmith

Reaction score
dillinger319 said:
my media player will only play the music not the video....Thats why I downloaded the divx player...i tried to drag it and it still isnt working...wow this is really making me :mad:

First you have to unzip it. It's zipped because if I loaded it as an avi file people would click on the link and immediately start watching it without saving it to their hard drives. Then when they wanted to watch it again they'd do it all over again and waste tons of bandwidth. I could ask people to right click and 'save as' but generally that doesn't work well because people don't follow direction particularly well.

So you need to unzip it, I'm assuming that you don't have anything installed to handle zip files or it would automatically open when you clicked on it. You can unzip it with winace, that's free for 30 days (actually it's free forever but you'll get a nag screen when you use it beyond 30 days) and it'll handle just about any kind of file compression.

www.winace.com

calico

Reaction score
The vid is done, but I cannot upload it. My connection keeps timing out...thank you Time Warner. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow, If not, I will email those who might be able to host it.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Wait a sec, if you can hear the music you must have it unzipped. Assuming that you have installed the divx codec you should be able to play it with windows media player, real player, or the player provided by the divx install.

JDSmith

Reaction score
calico said:
The vid is done, but I cannot upload it. My connection keeps timing out...thank you Time Warner. Hopefully it will be up tomorrow, If not, I will email those who might be able to host it.

How big is the file?

dillinger319

Striped Leopard
Reaction score
finally got it thanks for the advice...lol...Not a computer genius..lol...or even a computer dummy..

JDSmith

Reaction score
calico said:
The file is 80 megs right now...

You might want to try to break it up into more managable chunks using an archiver. Then you could probably get them uploaded without timing out. From there at least a couple people should be able to download it and put it back together to get it hosted someplace.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
You guys are awesome. I had lost some of the videos have an hd crash. Thanks for posting them again.

JDSmith

Reaction score
calico said:
Help me out JD, would that be WinRAR?

Yeah, Winrar would most likely do it. I use winace. You can set volume sizes when you are archiving, that way if you have a huge file when it archives it the prog will automatically break it up into whatever size you set. I know for a fact that rar files can be set to different sizes because on usenet huge files are often posted as multiple rar files and after the initial rar they have r01, r02 etc for the volumes. It's probably under options for archiving, look for anything that says multiple volumes or volume size.

jamez25

Reaction score
thanks for the great video...cannot wait for the upcoming one.keep up the great work !

calico

Reaction score
******, still having problems. I am going to bed. I will try again in the morning.

calico

Reaction score
I am probably the only one up right now but I just cannot get this damn file to upload. My computer is just full of bugs. I cannot break the file up for upload anything via the web, I have one more option left and I will try that tomorrow. Sorry all for the problem.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
Im still up and subsequently waiting for the arrival of your vid.
Apparently, thats not gonna happen tonight so I guess Ill have to be patient.
Wish I could help but Im all out of ideas.

Except... would it be easier and doable if you tried to upload a version with no sound?
(I could put my own sound to it by playing a CD or something allthough I do want to hear what you came up with)

calico

Reaction score
It still would not upload. My roommate is also having problems trying to access stuff. Our connection has been garbage the past month or so. Words cannot describe how frustrating it has been.

Hopefully tomorrow will see the video uploaded. If not, I will have to mail a DVD off to someone who can upload it for me.

I am sorry to all those who hung around and waited for me. I really wanted to get it up tonight for you guys.

Qwickdraw

Benched
Reaction score
No problem.
Can you host it through a filesharing program?
(Ares, Kazaa, etc...)

calico

Reaction score
^^Alright, I have it sharing rightnow with Lime Wire.
The name of the file is either "epicbacks.mpg" or "epicbacksLQ.mpg".

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
Nav22 said:
WOW how could I overlook this!? "2000 B.C." by Canibus is BEAUTIFUL over the Julius vid. Try it!

JackMagist, of course you're entitled to your opinion, but if you think rap's lyrics are "unintelligible and irrelevant", you haven't been hearing the right rap. The radio/MTV plays trash that's just meant to sell units (mostly to kids/teens and women, who statistically buy the most records...this explains all the "club" bounce rap).

Being a fan of GOOD hip-hop/rap, I'm sure I hate this crap even more than you do. Nothing would please me more than Lil Jon and Petey Pablo damaging their vocal chords so they couldn't pollute the genre any more.

I have a few suggestions for you, and I'm fully confident that they will change your outlook (at least on the lyricism part).

Nas - "Memory Lane"

Masta Ace - "Beautiful"

Talib Kweli - "Going Hard"

Ras Kass - "Nature Of The Threat"

Cormega - "The Saga"

Big L - "Street Struck"

AZ - "Doe Or Die"
Thanks for the tips there Nav22. While I don't expect to be converted I will give them a listen with an open mind. As an old wiseass...errr...wiseman once said, "A Wise man often changes his mind." And I have been known to change mine.