1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Sticky: ***Cowboys vs 49ers 2nd Half game thread***

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by BrAinPaiNt, Sep 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    12,582 Likes Received
    Romo played bad, no doubt but I was more disappointed with T. Smith's performance. Hopefully they both bounce back.

2. CowboyFan4Eva

CowboyFan4Eva Benched

628 Messages
    237 Likes Received

Do we practice at all?

fifaguy and BoysFan4ever like this.
  3. The Quest for Six

The Quest for Six Well-Known Member

14,644 Messages
    10,238 Likes Received
    garbage stats...

4. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    12,582 Likes Received
    Jerry got his stadium. I have doubts he'll try Parcells' way again unfortunately.

BoysFan4ever likes this.
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Moderator

80,026 Messages
    54,604 Likes Received
    Your funny.

6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

58,179 Messages
    102,630 Likes Received
    I hear ya. I'm not advocating rooting against them. It goes against every fiber of being a fan. But when these games happen take solace in the fact that it moves us one step closer to a possible change.

Rogerthat12 and DenCWBY like this.
  7. JohnnyTheFox

JohnnyTheFox Achilleslastand

6,522 Messages
    10,164 Likes Received
    Here we are wading in the same waters that have become oh so familiar these last few years. Dig ourselves a HUGE hole then finally at the end get out the shovel and start digging away. We had as much or moreso to do with giving the game away as opposed to them taking it.
    This was very reminiscent of the 94 title game.

8. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    I still cannot believe he admitted to that.

9. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member

48,218 Messages
    35,291 Likes Received
    Almost every QB has a game were they just were not seeing things right...once or twice in a 16 game season.
    Rono was just flat out off today for much of the game. I get that. This would not remotely other me if it was layer in the season. It happens to everyone. But when it happens 1st game after back surgery, I concerned.
    I thinks road game at Tennessee will be a VERY tough challenge. But he needs to make better decisions.

As for the score of the game. SF was up 14-3 before the game was barely started. They never had to dial it up. So for all we know,they could hVe scored 45 today.

But yes, this was a clear stinker by Tony.
    Over a 16 game season he's already used up half his quota.

10. SWG9

SWG9 Well-Known Member

1,040 Messages
    185 Likes Received
    I'd gladly take 15 more just like this if it means a half empty stadium and a change in direction.

Short term pain and all that...

Risen Star and DenCWBY like this.
  11. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

12,212 Messages
    12,582 Likes Received
    He was probably chugging on Johnny Walker Blue before he said it.

12. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

19,508 Messages
    23,050 Likes Received
    Yep, I think Romo has been a good QB for years now... but today was on him.

The good news is that we ran the ball down their throat and the defense was way better than I expected.

It is unfortunate, but had Romo played like himself today, they probably come out with a W.

BIGWAY and Wheeltax like this.
  13. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

4,974 Messages
    4,495 Likes Received
    1) After MAJOR back surgery, and playing under the influence of Narcotics, Tony finished. Won't return to form.

2) Linehan too much like JG and already a company man. Still won't run the ball when we need to, and two days ago made the statement, "Tony's best days as a QB are still in front of him"

3) Melton was absent, Wilcox would be practice squad guy on contending teams, and we have about 3 defensive backs who shouldn't be in NFL,

4) Mo Claiborne is officially a BUST

5) I'm tired of hearing the Cowboys don't have an identity. They have the same exact identity as their head coach. Unprepared and on the verge of being heartless.

lwehlers likes this.
  14. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

8,593 Messages
    3,510 Likes Received
    I think he confessed that in one of his drunken moments. He is most honest then.

15. khiladi

khiladi Well-Known Member

26,097 Messages
    18,869 Likes Received
    This wasn't a bad back game, this was mental, those INTs. I'd be concerned if it happens the next game. Better to get it out early than later.

16. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,211 Messages
    59,390 Likes Received
    He was recorded saying it by some dude with a hidden cell phone.

17. bysbox1

bysbox1 Well-Known Member

1,353 Messages
    304 Likes Received
    But it's this cycle that keeps this team mediocre. Every game is a new excuse . . . "Had Romo played better," "Had we run the ball more," "Had the defense been better," "Had we played better special teams," "Had the offensive line showed up," "Had the secondary played better . . ."

Next week is a game we could easily lose with one of those "Had of . . ." Tennessee is not that bad of a team and I can see them coming out flat again next week.

The Natural likes this.
  18. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

11,671 Messages
    12,484 Likes Received
    I find that hard to believe

19. Idgit

Idgit Fattening up Moderator

58,211 Messages
    59,390 Likes Received
    It was mental. Just a really bad set of decisions today, and it got us beat, early. There's no coming back from -3 TO differential and a defensive score.

khiladi likes this.
  20. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

16,182 Messages
    16,572 Likes Received
    By that theory, all QB's stats in the 4th are garbage stats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.