Game Day *** Cowboys vs 49ers post game thread ***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Honestly, losing a high draft pick this year isn't even that big a deal. The top 10 for defenders is garbage.

How hilarious would it be if this team, with this unquestionably horrible season, ends up making the playoffs? I never thought it was possible but things are actually going in the right direction for us

Right. I think we end up in the nine-10 range, which is where the top defenders seem to be valued (other than maybe linebacker). Our biggest needs are defensive tackle and secondary, and the top player at both of those positions should be there for us.

If we wanted to draft a quarterback, offensive lineman (which some do) or receiver, then the best are going to be gone in those top 10 picks.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Andy Dalton in the shower....post game.

giphy.gif

gimmesix

Reaction score
Washington hung with Seattle today despite falling down early, don’t kid yourself, they are a much better team than the panthers....it’s going to be a long shot for them to lose next week and to the eagles in week 17....

I seriously doubt we win both of our last two games even if Washington loses out. Not because our opponents are anything special, but because our defense is still very bad while theirs are not. Their offenses would have to make the kind of mistakes against us that Cincy and San Fran did, and while they are capable of doing that, I'm not counting on it.

Jipper

Reaction score
I seriously doubt we win both of our last two games even if Washington loses out. Not because our opponents are anything special, but because our defense is still very bad while theirs are not. Their offenses would have to make the kind of mistakes against us that Cincy and San Fran did, and while they are capable of doing that, I'm not counting on it.

yup you are likely right I guess it’s one more week of real football

gimmesix

Reaction score
yup you are likely right I guess it’s one more week of real football

Probably. Could end up coming down to the final week, though, since it's hard to know what to expect with this team and this division.

Dre11

Reaction score
Washington hung with Seattle today despite falling down early, don’t kid yourself, they are a much better team than the panthers....it’s going to be a long shot for them to lose next week and to the eagles in week 17....

they didn't hang, the score does not reflect how the game was played, their offense is inept.

Jipper

Reaction score
they didn't hang, the score does not reflect how the game was played, their offense is inept.

k....well they hung close enough to have a shot at winning it at the end....so not sure what your definition of hung with is....

Darkhound

Reaction score
Win disguises the bad play and performance of this pathetic defnese.

Jipper

Reaction score
Probably. Could end up coming down to the final week, though, since it's hard to know what to expect with this team and this division.

Definitely possible and would make for some must see tv

Dre11

Reaction score
k....well they hung close enough to have a shot at winning it at the end....so not sure what your definition of hung with is....

Seattle jumped out to and took a 17-3 lead to the 4th quater and kinda took their foot off the gas

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Even with all their injuries, the 49ers still have a nasty D. Their LBs play fast and physical. Dalton played well under duress today. The Cowboys LB corps is brutally bad.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
We gonna talk about wilson getting a concussion on his penalty hit but staying in and still balling out? Thats the dawg/toughness needed on this team. You cant convince me he didnt have a concussion the way he was on the ground shook up. Anybody in the front 7 have balls like that? We know X Woods doesn't

Jipper

Reaction score
Seattle jumped out to and took a 17-3 lead to the 4th quater and kinda took their foot off the gas

you say potatoe I say potato

Seattle and carrol are smart enough to know what they were doing...Washington has a good defense and kept it within strinking distance

i still think many on here are not giving Washington enough credit