Game Day *** Cowboys vs 49ers pregame thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The next game in a season of disappointment.
At the least it would be nice to see some younger guys get some playing time and show a little flash.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The next game in a season of disappointment.
At the least it would be nice to see some younger guys get some playing time and show a little flash.

Did you know your skeleton could play drums?

Five-Finger-Death-Punch-7.jpg

Carson

Reaction score
Was feeling optimistic about winning today. Going to need a few takeaways from the defense.

SF offense isn’t very good with Mullens and they are without Samuel.

Washington is starting Haskins and the Giants are with McCoy. The East division should live another week

75boyz

Reaction score
Was feeling optimistic about winning today. Going to need a few takeaways from the defense.

SF offense isn’t very good with Mullens and they are without Samuel.

Washington is starting Haskins and the Giants are with McCoy. The East division should live another week

Yep, I agree. Maybe, lol. Because after considering your Wash and NYG QB comments, Dallas's lack of run defense and it being Hurts 2nd start at the Cards, there's a decent probability of an 0-4 performance by this juggernaut of a division as well.

So yeah, you are right either way, this pathetic division will continue to live as it has.

Last edited:

Carson

Reaction score
Yep, I agree. Maybe, lol. Because after considering your Wash and NYG QB comments, Dallas's lack of run defense and it being Hurts 2nd start at the Cards, there's a decent probability of an 0-4 performance by this juggernaut of a division as well.

So yeah, you are right either way, this pathetic division will continue to live as it has.

I just have a feeling it’s going to be a what the hell kind of game. The kind of game where Mullens looks like Montana or Young.

Mullens was beyond trash against Philly. He was even worse against Washington. In retrospect, the Niners didn’t allow the Washington offense to score any touchdowns. So that’s scary to me. We don’t have the WFT or Philly defense.

No Kittle, Garapollo, Samuel really bodes well for our defense. We get some healthy bodies back in the secondary.

They upset the Rams. But that was with 1 offensive TD, 1 pick 6 and then 3 field goals.

Mullens is good for a pick in a close game. The only games he did not throw a pick was the thrashing of the Giants and when they were blown out at Seattle (score was 30-7 at one point)

75boyz

Reaction score
I just have a feeling it’s going to be a what the hell kind of game. The kind of game where Mullens looks like Montana or Young.

Mullens was beyond trash against Philly. He was even worse against Washington. In retrospect, the Niners didn’t allow the Washington offense to score any touchdowns. So that’s scary to me. We don’t have the WFT or Philly defense.

No Kittle, Garapollo, Samuel really bodes well for our defense. We get some healthy bodies back in the secondary.

They upset the Rams. But that was with 1 offensive TD, 1 pick 6 and then 3 field goals.

Mullens is good for a pick in a close game. The only games he did not throw a pick was the thrashing of the Giants and when they were blown out at Seattle (score was 30-7 at one point)

I hear ya. IMO if Shanahan just boils it down to the basics and takes a look at Dallas's lack of interior run dee I think that would be enough to allow Mullens to be an effective game manager for a win for them.

If Dallas somehow managed to miraculously get a 10 point lead I think they actually could steal a win cuz I can't envision Mullens fitting your Montana and Young description and I mean that as no disrespect.

My bet is Shanahan tries to keep it simple with ball control ground and pound.

But it is 2020 and the year of unpredictability, so there's that too I guess, lol.

Just my take.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Something tells me the Cowboys are going to lose a home game they should win. Which is good to me since I want them to tank. :thumbup:

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
To pick up the spirits a bit around here, there are reports that Wentz may want out of Philly.

So I'm telling you there's a chance.

Mannix

Reaction score
Won't be totally locked in...LPGA comes on an hour prior. BTW, no schtick here...I'm being serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.