Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bears post game thread***

TheHerd

Reaction score
Just an average guy. Just because he went to LSU doesn’t mean he is an instant starter. People calling out LVE are pure haters.
What do you see him do that you liked? Asking for real. I just see a lot of tackles after first downs. Or filling the wrong hole. Or just too slow to get to the running back outside

TheHerd

Reaction score
Terrible reffing kept the bears in this game. We need this bye. We got a couple tough road games coming out of the bye..
What was so terrible, other than Micah getting held, which is just completely expected at this point.

lwehlers

Reaction score
good win the bears made it interesting.ready for the packers and probably another loss to them. i am trying to be positive. defense needs to tighten up the run defense.

75boyz

Reaction score
Well played and called game by the OC and all members of the offense.

cowboyec

Reaction score
What was so terrible, other than Micah getting held, which is just completely expected at this point.
the horrible roughing call that took away an int by diggsy.
the horrible fumble reversal.
how do you re-establish possession when the ball is on the ground.
and not to mention the non-holding calls on dlaw in that first half.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Do we need any more proof that Zeke needs to be gone after this season?
This season? I think he's taken his last snap.

The guy is a boat anchor to this offense...proof today.

Kills me people blame Kellen for the offense...I would like to see someone do better with all the restrictive players he's saddled with.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
League did everything it could to keep it from being a blow out...

TheHerd

Reaction score
The roughing call was a good call though it's a terrible rule. They've been calling that all year in every game. Breath on QBs and it's a flag. Put the flags on them and just admit it
The fumble was a strange overturn. I've given up on the holding. We get held more then any other team I watch

ghst187

Reaction score
I certainly hope the Cowboys front office is making a highlight video of all of the holds against Micah Parsons and sending it to the league front office every week. Just ridiculous. That seems to be the game plan to neutralize him every week…just grab him, tackle him….

cowboyec

Reaction score
The roughing call was a good call though it's a terrible rule. They've been calling that all year in every game. Breath on QBs and it's a flag. Put the flags on them and just admit it
The fumble was a strange overturn. I've given up on the holding. We get held more then any other team I watch
it looked to me gholston tried to hold him up.
i get thats how they're calling it.
but with the tip and then...to me...trying to hold him up i don't see what he was supposed to do.
at this point...dont touch'm at all i guess.
the fumble reversal still makes me mad.
as the announcers were saying he re-established possession...you CLEARLY see the ball on the ground.
dlaw gets held almost on every play.
unreal.

ghst187

Reaction score

I do have confidence though that the halftime score is 35-7 instead of 28-17 we’re it not for that terrible rule. A defender naturally has his hands up to block the pass and naturally lowers them as he arrives at the QB yet that’s an automatic flag? Then they should go back to the “in the grasp” rule and strong touching of the QB = down by contact. Its ruining a lot of games. But Goodell sure is doing such a great job the owners should give him a billion a year for life and a private jet.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
Excited to see Clark on the field. How did he do today?
Not the player I was expecting...they were moving him around all over. Thought he was bigger...faster. They even rushed him a couple times. Kind of reminded me of Hitchens. Think they need to give him the WLB spot...let him run and make tackles...and not overwhelm him. But you see the potential...to be a high motor tackling machine.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I do have confidence though that the halftime score is 35-7 instead of 28-17 we’re it not for that terrible rule. A defender naturally has his hands up to block the pass and naturally lowers them as he arrives at the QB yet that’s an automatic flag? Then they should go back to the “in the grasp” rule and strong touching of the QB = down by contact. Its ruining a lot of games. But Goodell sure is doing such a great job the owners should give him a billion a year for life and a private jet.
The QB rules are making the game silly at times. The Brady call a few ago was unreal, and others, including ours today, are just hard to watch.

Zman5

Reaction score
On the pregame thread, I said I wanted to see more 2TE set plays. I thought that was the best for the current offense since we now have better TEs.
It looked like we used much more multi TE sets today. I hope this trend continues.

Zman5

Reaction score
It was encouraging to see Dak throw on the run accurately again. He hasn't done it this well since his calf injury last year.
That's a big part of his game and was glad to see him do it again today. His designed runs weren't bad either and we should have him run near the goal line more often.