Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bears post game thread***

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
Had to take a road trip late in the game, so I'm late to this thread. I kinda wanted the Bears to keep it close so we would be forced to score 60+. Dallas has never done that.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don’t think the Bears ran over us today. I think all they did was run. 43 running plays. We had 29 and only 40 less yards

boysfanperiod

Reaction score
This is the first game of the season that I wasn't on the board live.

I have to say this was the Boys best game yet. There were times I was upset particularly how the first half ended. We played well on all facets of the game. A great way to go into the bye week.

Micah is a man among boys. Pollard and Davis looked promising. It was kind of like Zeke and Pollard but in reverse. No complaints. Dak, keep running when you can. Great rush for a TD.

I can't wait for Sounds of the Game.

TheHerd

Reaction score
I don’t think the Bears ran over us today. I think all they did was run. 43 running plays. We had 29 and only 40 less yards
We had a great rushing day. They averaged 5.6 yards and we knew they can't pass. Run defense was awful. There's no sugar coating the stink. 20 point win is really the story though

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We had a great rushing day. They averaged 5.6 yards and we knew they can't pass. Run defense was awful. There's no sugar coating the stink. 20 point win is really the story though
The Bears had the ball for 13 1/2 minutes more than us. That’s going to wear a defense down. And I’m not trying to sugarcoat it. They didn’t run over us they just kept running

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Game ball to the o-line.
QB looked sharper than he has for awhile. Credit where due.
Pollard got it done in a big way.
TE group very solid.
No complaints about the WRs

No complaints about the defense. The aggressive style cost them at times but that usually evens out and it did today. They're hungry and will improve. Got some help from the O when they needed it.

Coaching seemed good. The team was well prepared (Not you Fowler) and fired up. Game plan was effective and kept relatively simple. I don't hate the aggressive end of the half. Ideally in that situation you call your shot knowing the triggerman can make the right decision.

Good win all the way around. This is a fun team to watch!

TheHerd

Reaction score
The Bears had the ball for 13 1/2 minutes more than us. That’s going to wear a defense down. And I’m not trying to sugarcoat it. They didn’t run over us they just kept running
They had the ball all that time because the defense couldn’t stop the run. Running plays take more clock

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
I liked the first half short pass play calling. Almost felt west coast ish.

Not sure if Chicago adjusted or if it was Kellen being Kellen but the play calling changed in the second half.

starfan1

Reaction score
Running for 200 qualifies as running all over us. They ran that many times for 2 reasons one being their qb is somewhat compromised but the main reason was we wasn’t stopping them

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
good win the bears made it interesting.ready for the packers and probably another loss to them. i am trying to be positive. defense needs to tighten up the run defense.
Aaron Rogers seems to be our kryptonite. Actually elite QBs in general seem to be, no matter who their surrounding cast is. Hope we can manage to pull out a win.

jsb357

Reaction score
good game going into the bye they need a break for health reasons. don't go to thinking they have turned a corner or anything like that.

I need to see consistency from the offense before i change my prediction of one and done in the playoffs

guag

Tertiary Adjunct of Unimatrix 01
Reaction score
the horrible fumble reversal.
how do you re-establish possession when the ball is on the ground.
Yeah even our resident officiating apologists were scratching their heads on that one.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Had to take a road trip late in the game, so I'm late to this thread. I kinda wanted the Bears to keep it close so we would be forced to score 60+. Dallas has never done that.
Well I was hoping for 70+ but I'll settle for 49. Almost got that 50 burger though! :D

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So. Since Dak took the team downfield and got a TD.
They were in the lead the entire game.
So does that mean all of his stats after that were garbage stats? Or at what point do they want to start calling them that.
:lmao:

Buzzbait

Reaction score
good game going into the bye they need a break for health reasons. don't go to thinking they have turned a corner or anything like that.

I need to see consistency from the offense before i change my prediction of one and done in the playoffs
Yeah, doing it against the Bears and doing it against the top playoff teams will be two different things.
Nevertheless, our offense did some good things today. :thumbup: