Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bears post game thread***

Chuck 54

Reaction score
good game going into the bye they need a break for health reasons. don't go to thinking they have turned a corner or anything like that.

I need to see consistency from the offense before i change my prediction of one and done in the playoffs
One and done in the playoffs is possible even if we win the next 9 games…..the postseason is a whole new game.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
They had the ball all that time because the defense couldn’t stop the run. Running plays take more clock

The scary part of that was, "the defense couldn't stop the run". I hope today's fiasco against the run doesn't serve as a battle plan for future opponents this year. At least we won't have to contend with Justin Fields again.
I hope Johnathan Hankin will see more playing time than he did today, and hopefully that will help bolster our run defense. (I'm crossing my fingers) LOL

AyeAtey

Reaction score
On the pregame thread, I said I wanted to see more 2TE set plays. I thought that was the best for the current offense since we now have better TEs.
It looked like we used much more multi TE sets today. I hope this trend continues.
I think that formation worked for Pollard's run to the left.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What was so terrible, other than Micah getting held, which is just completely expected at this point.
The fumble being overturned, for one. Many blatant holds against Micah, including one where he was pulled down onto his backside right near the QB. The play in which we got flagged for offsides, when the play clock ran out. (Maybe there's a rule that it can't be delay of game if a defender is lined up in the neutral zone, and if that's the case, I rescind that complaint.)

TheHerd

Reaction score
The fumble being overturned, for one. Many blatant holds against Micah, including one where he was pulled down onto his backside right near the QB. The play in which we got flagged for offsides, when the play clock ran out. (Maybe there's a rule that it can't be delay of game if a defender is lined up in the neutral zone, and if that's the case, I rescind that complaint.)
I've given up on the Micah holds. It happens almost every play and gets called once every third game.

AyeAtey

Reaction score
The Bears had the ball for 13 1/2 minutes more than us. That’s going to wear a defense down. And I’m not trying to sugarcoat it. They didn’t run over us they just kept running
True, stats sometime lie, the W doesn't.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I've given up on the Micah holds. It happens almost every play and gets called once every third game.
He actually walked over and discussed it with the ref today. Maybe he should do that at the beginning of every game.

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
Well , lookie lookie at this we are #2 and have games left with the Eagles and the Giants. Don't expect that many would notice with all of the Zeke's better than Tony, a wet mop is better than Dak, ect ect post , but nevertheless. Here we are. Let's go Cowboys

Zman5

Reaction score
Today, we got to see many things people have been wanting to see.

Pollard with more carries. Check.
Dak running more. Check.
More Multi TE sets. Check.
More Turpin on offense. Check.
And we also got see Clark in action.

KM must have read our posts. Or maybe @Floatyworm has mentioned it to him during one of the Kellen Moore fan club meetings. :muttley:

Calvin2Tony2Emmitt2Julius

Reaction score
jsb357 said:
good game going into the bye they need a break for health reasons. don't go to thinking they have turned a corner or anything like that.

I need to see consistency from the offense before i change my prediction of one and done in the playoffs

Excuse me but whoo the puck are you (Hockey reference). So let me get this straight, We need to ask you for permission before we think we ahem, turned a corner ?

You need to see consistency ? Again whoo the puck are you? (Hockey reference). Your prediction I am sure I speak for my self and myself only when I say, Your prediction means exactly balls,

Social media has given rise to too many self important people who think they matter. YOU DON'T !!!!! Please Go away and never come back

Mr_437

Reaction score
Today, we got to see many things people have been wanting to see.

Pollard with more carries. Check.
Dak running more. Check.
More Multi TE sets. Check.
More Turpin on offense. Check.
And we also got see Clark in action.

KM must have read our posts. Or maybe @Floatyworm has mentioned it to him during one of the Kellen Moore fan club meetings. :muttley:
Yep. It was a good game for us who wanted see these players get an opportunity.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Pretty bad effort by the D. The Skins held the Bears to 7. In Chicago.