Game Day Cowboys vs Bengals post game thread

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Don't be too concerned about the 4th quarter. It was garbage time. Cincy was either running the ball or doing short routes across the middle which did nothing but eat up the clock. It was smart to let them run those plays. Time was a bigger enemy to them than the score at that point. It was all about the tick tock.

Exactly right. Each of the Bengals TD drives took over 5 minutes.

Reaction score
great win. but like risen said earlier the team let up and had to many mistakes in the second half. anyway I am very happy with the win and not trying to complain to much. I hope we can give the packers a great game.

That's called low risk offensive play calling and a prevent defense when you have a nearly insurmountable lead. That was a nearly perfect execution of the prevent.

Lutonio

Reaction score
I don't know what game some of you guys watched. Other than one offensive series that was the three and out after Cincinnati'a first TD, Dallas played this game perfectly.

They forced Dalton to throw underneath and bleed their own clock out on defense. And Green looked mortal. We were all expecting him to go off big time.

What's the matter? Can't ***** about how we should have drafted Wentz after he lost today?

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I don't know what game some of you guys watched. Other than one offensive series that was the three and out after Cincinnati'a first TD, Dallas played this game perfectly.

They forced Dalton to throw underneath and bleed their own clock out on defense. And Green looked mortal. We were all expecting him to go off big time.

What's the matter? Can't ***** about how we should have drafted Wentz after he lost today?

Thats the key right there. We gave up nothing that we didn't want to give up. They couldn't score 28 playing the way we defended the lead. Perfectly done.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can we keep Leary and extend Zack? That's the question. But money aside I would love to see
Smith-Leary-Fred-Zack-Colllins for the next 6-7 years

tyke1doe

Reaction score
CuXQ32NWcAAPEvG.jpg

Great cartoon. What would have made it better is Mo handcuffed to Green, PacMan hoisting the beers and PacMan's daughter riding piggyback on one of the Cowboys offensive linemen. :D

cml750

Reaction score
I haven't posted as much lately. I don't post near as much when I am happy with the team. I am very happy with this team. I am ecstatic about Dak and Zeke.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Just an awesome win. Need to clean some things up from what happened in the 4th quarter. But Bengals are a good team, so give them some credit as to not give up.

Fantastic to see Zeke with his first of many break away runs, and for a TD.

And...we are the 1st place Dallas Cowboys.....

I'm lovin it!

Plankton

Reaction score
This game had very much a feel to it like a game from 2014. For three quarters, this game reminded me very much of the December game against the Colts. The Cowboys, facing a team expected to be in the playoffs, and considered one of the better teams in the AFC, looked to be up against a formidable opponent.

And, from the opening whistle, the Bengals were absolutely no match for the Cowboys.

The offense took the field, and showed little regard for the Bengals. Whether it was through the air, or on the ground, the Cowboy offense looked at a pretty good Bengal defense, and treated them like a speed bump. The ease by which they moved the ball was startling, the efficiency of the offense was remarkable, and the outcome was decisive. The offensive line looked like they were adults playing against children. They consistently moved the line of scrimmage, opened up huge craters in their defense, and regularly got to the second level. They put their stamp on the game early, and didn't let up until the game was in hand.

The defensive effort, though, was a pleasant surprise. The line did an outstanding job of generating pressure in this game. In the second half, they did a better job of finishing the deal, notching three sacks, but in the first half, Andy Dalton was uncomfortable, and had to scramble from the pocket quite frequently. The secondary held up as well, with Morris Claiborne and Brandon Carr doing an outstanding job of rendering A.J. Green inconsequential in this game. For reference, Green torched one Darrelle Revis for 12 catches and 180 yards and a touchdown. Today, he had a very quiet 4 catches for 50 yards, and no touchdowns. Considering how reviled Carr and Claiborne have been by a large segment of the fanbase (I have had my moments in lamenting their play), this was quite a performance.

I was a little disappointed that they let their guard down late, but this shouldn't obscure another outstanding performance by the offense, and a very strong effort by the defensive line. Next week will be a significant challenge in Green Bay, a place that the Cowboys have won only once in their history. They will be giving Brett Favre his Hall of Fame ring at halftime, so the crowd will be especially amped up. Should be a lot of fun.

Other notes on the game:
  • Another week, another strong, efficient performance by Dak Prescott. He was strong in the pocket, and again threw the ball well. He had a number of very nice throws into relatively tight windows, and has really improved at not throwing his receivers into big hits. His ball fake on the run down by the goal line that he took for a touchdown was outstanding. He did hold the ball a little too long when he got hit by Carlos Dunlap and fumbled, but all in all, another terrific day for him. I couldn't be more impressed.
  • Ezekiel Elliott was terrific again today, and gave his critics what they asked for - a big play. He exploded through a huge hole, and left the Bengal defense in the dust. He was quick to the hole, and ran physically again. The sky is the limit for him, and the Cowboys are lucky to have him.
  • The offensive line looked to be pretty pissed at the Bengal defense, and took it out on them. Watching Leary, Frederick and Martin consistently bulldoze Domata Peko, Geno Atkins and Pat Sims was a site to see. Leary/Frederick/Martin were the Bermuda Triangle - those three made Bengal defenders disappear.
  • DeMarcus Lawrence didn't register a tackle, or appear on the stat sheet, but he had a tremendous impact on this game. He had numerous pressures in his series of plays, and really picked up the intensity of his linemates. Terrell McClain benefitted tremendously from Lawrence's efforts. McClain has been the best player on the DL this year, and is playing really well.
  • Cedric Thornton played his best game today - very active off the snap.
  • Terrance Williams played a very strong game today. I hope that his shoulder is not a lingering thing, and am glad that he made it back into the game.
  • Who would have thought that the Cowboys would lose the time of possession battle and the turnover battle, and win convincingly?
  • The defense today looked a lot like they did in 2014 - swarming to the ball, hitting with intensity, and playing with an espirit-de-corps.
  • The team has really come together, and has a lot of momentum going. The young players - Prescott, Elliott, Maliek Collins, Anthony Brown - have infused this team with a lot of enthusiasm, exuberance and playmaking.
This was a terrific effort today. 4-1, and in first place in the division. Can't wait to see how they respond to a tough environment in Green Bay.

Last edited: