Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bengals post game thread***

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
He was close on one. We have to learn how to block the gunners

Noticed that we were doing a better job in this game than the last....get this kid some momentum going forward...and he blows by people. Just needs some space to make that first guy miss....then it's a good chance he break it.

basel90

Reaction score
I like Cooper as a backup, but his noodle arm makes the sideline passes too risky, so teams will take more of the middle away in time. We are all happy with his play and the win, but he threw at least 4 passes that could have been intercepted. He is not better than Dak….it’s a ridiculous concept no matter how one feels about Dak. No one in the NFL even wanted him when he’s been on our PS every week until Dak’s injury.

Dak is more mobile, stronger arm, can make all the passes. Both are going to have good games and bad games, but let’s not be silly about it. Moore almost cost Rush this game by putting him in 3rd and longs which is where some of those near INTs happened. Run the ball inside, pass to the RBs, pass on first down more, throw more crossing routes and slants, fewer passes to the sideline. Eliminate the stupid trickery outside runs where we don’t block the end, but keep the offense balanced. Do that for Rush, and keep doing it for Dak. Don’t call the game differently when he returns. You have a good defense, so call a smart game that plays to that strength.
you are maybe talking about dak in the early parts of last season , because his play has gradually degraded since the Broncos game. His arm strength is not better than cooper .
Cooper is not a top 10 QB and am not claiming that. But nor is Dak . At 42 million it becomes difficult to justify. But make not mistake , dak is staying as he has a guaratneed contract and jerry is stubborn with his stars .

slick325

Reaction score
Kudos to Mike McCarthy for having his team ready and pulling off an upset victory. I hope he has them ready for a road game in division next week. Good win Coach

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Thats rich coming from you. The first positive thing you say about the Cowboys and what they did in this game in this post-game thread will be the first positive things you have said.

Its getting old. Wait, its already old.
You were one of the quitters too huh.

LovinItAll

Reaction score
By the way for all of you not from the NY market, Boom Esiason is a huge bengals guy and craps on the cowboys all the time on his morning show. Now he can cry.

Why wouldn't he be a huge Bengals fan? He played most of his career in Cincy. Not sure he craps on the Cowboys more than many of the 'fans' here, so whatever.

Fontaine

Reaction score
NOPE, that would be a progress stopper

73 needs to just continue to learn, good or bad games, you let him finishes not the LT. you do realize they are top 5 DL he just faced??i hope your eyes are open this kid is ahead of schedule

so 77 comes back, hes either the Swing or the RT.

imagine

73-Peters-Biadsz-Martin-77
UMM that could be above average.

ahhh, read my comment again, I said we don’t move him unless the wheels come off.

OpEn YoUr EyEs.

Silly

Reaction score
You all had me convinced Dallas was going to lose.

What happened? hehe

Looks like the bengals got their Asschapped!

pancakeman

Reaction score
I don't want to overreact to one game, but here's something that felt really good about today:

Looking at the roster coming into the season, some consensus worrying positions were
- backup QB
- WR depth
- LT depth
- kicker
plus a lingering feeling that the team would be outmatched when it comes to playoff-caliber opponents.

These wound up being all positions of strength in a game against a quality opponent today.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
Damn I thought the FG was wide for a second there. Thank God!

I think how they pan back from the goalposts makes it look like balls are going wide when they're not. The width of the goal posts are getting visually smaller while your brain is plotting the trajectory of the ball based on the visually wider goal posts.

ak47kaehu

Reaction score
I am ready to move into the Red Beard Era! I think with more game time and experience he can be a very capable starting QB.

Powerforward88

Reaction score
Happy for the win. Good to see Rush and Brown establishing a connection and Parsons was a beast. Maher with a big leg.

Defense was a little gassed in the 2nd half, but had enough to stop the Bengals last drive.