Game Day ***Cowboys vs Bengals post game thread***

starfan1

Reaction score
I'm proud of the Cowboys today. We were playing a team that was in the Super Bowl. We were playing a top QB. We were choking down the stretch. Under Garrett, that'd be a loss with a "morale victory" attached to it. Yet, just like the Chargers game and Vikings game last year, we won. Well done to the players!
It’s a good day any given Sunday and I think the bengals are in for a long season

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Even at 0-2 the Bengals and their fans should not be in panic mode....other three AFC North teams 1-1 (Browns, Ravens, Steelers all lost today).
But Cincinnari has to fix that Oline ASAP.
How are they supposed to fix the Oline? Maybe their coaches just suck and dont know how to do pass protection. They have 4 of the 5 starters new this season. Isnt that their attempt to fix the line?

Gaede

Reaction score
Stunned that we won this game. Could've been much easier if we didn't take our foot off the gas.

Worried about long term future with Rush, but he's clearly good enough to win with.

Great win

Motorola

Reaction score
I'm proud of the Cowboys today. We were playing a team that was in the Super Bowl. We were playing a top QB. We were choking down the stretch. Under Garrett, that'd be a loss with a "morale victory" attached to it. Yet, just like the Chargers game and Vikings game last year, we won. Well done to the players!
Won all three games by almost identical scores...20-17, 20-16, 20-17.

Motorola

Reaction score
How are they supposed to fix the Oline? Maybe their coaches just suck and dont know how to do pass protection. They have 4 of the 5 starters new this season. Isnt that their attempt to fix the line?
Fix it by the players getting in sync as a group - handling stunts, finding better player combinations, etc. as the season goes along.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That 2nd half was abysmal. Reminded you that this team will struggle to win a game every week.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
That 2nd half was abysmal. Reminded you that this team will struggle to win a game every week.

Oh, save the wet blanket for later. We had backups and played a SB team. It's a good win. Yes, Moore needs the sack, but we can discuss that later. Our next game is next Monday.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Glad for the win, but Kellen Moore still needs to do better and be consistent in calling plays like the ones which lead to the first 2 TD drives for the offense. We can't keep hoping to win games by putting all of the pressure on the defense, when going up against good to elite QBs. Kellen Moore should be able to find a way to get at least a couple of TDs in the 2nd half while the defense is playing as good as they are.

ghst187

Reaction score
Not luck

Maher was 16-18 last year

seems like good stop gap ..maybe fans just stop trying to be GMs and shut the flip up!

I guess he got lucky with Tyler smith, Farniok, Noah Brown, and Maher oh wait and RUSH??all depth, all were key in this win. add in Turpin

sems like Luck is fan word Mcclay and jerry seemed to have more depth than fan believed, and we got win.

Didn’t say Mcclay was lucky, I actually think he’s done a good job. Jerry and Stephen however (and somewhat the coaches) botch things constantly. And instead of shutting up, half this board would run the org and personnel and cap better than Jerry and his son. For example, Most of this board was smart enough to know it was a terrible decision to draft Jaylon and a worse mistake to hand him a huge contract, same with Zekes contract, same with ditching Amari and Wilson, same with Daks contract…or keeping Jason Garett for a decade….and on and on.
Don’t give me this “shut up fans and let the professionals do their thing” bc Jerry and son are freakin clowns and an embarrassment to this fan base.