Game Day *** Cowboys vs Bengals pregame thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeB80

Reaction score
this is going to be torture watching this team today. I am more interested in the giants game and cant wait for the bills steelers tonight.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Short of an overhaul within the FO, a coaching staff turnover is the next best thing I guess. We have been in NFL purgatory for 25 years.

IMO— firing the current staff, and then hiring Troy Aikman for a key FO position (Asst GM?) would be a big step in the right direction.

I will pass on aikmans input on personnel. A few years ago I listened to him on a podcast talk about how he broke down all the quarterbacks in the class and he came away that Josh Rosen was the best of the bunch, most pro ready and would play in the league for a long time.

I have heard say similar things about other positions also. I dont think he is a guy that should be around personnel. Now as far as operations go and management I imagine he would be excellent because he is seemingly perfect for that kind of role.

It's never happening here anyway. The jones grandkids are already working there and the quarterback at arkansas is going to end up in the front office in a few years.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
I will pass on aikmans input on personnel. A few years ago I listened to him on a podcast talk about how he broke down all the quarterbacks in the class and he came away that Josh Rosen was the best of the bunch, most pro ready and would play in the league for a long time.

I have heard say similar things about other positions also. I dont think he is a guy that should be around personnel. Now as far as operations go and management I imagine he would be excellent because he is seemingly perfect for that kind of role.

It's never happening here anyway. The jones grandkids are already working there and the quarterback at arkansas is going to end up in the front office in a few years.
Here he is folks..

A genuine nepotism freak.

You are depressing me.

Next you will say Jerrah's grandson from Highland Park is our future QB.

Wash my mouth with soap.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Here he is folks..

A genuine nepotism freak.

You are depressing me.

Next you will say Jerrah's grandson from Highland Park is our future QB.

Wash my mouth with soap.

Not qb but he is going to be in the front office soon and his cousin is already there I believe.

and yes I am down on everything. I don't like a single thing about the organization right now and it makes me mad that I cant stop caring and watching. I don't understand why they lie to themselves and keep doubling down on the same problems.

Nobody seems to care that they just keep losing. Players, coaches or front office. Nobody seems to care and everyone is just fine with losing. Just like in 15.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We'll, you can take this to the bank. Terry Bradshaw just acknowledged that Zeke is not elite.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Don't forget his assessment of the TE LeFluer he liked when he was still QB. :muttley:

I remember him saying that about Rosen.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
Not qb but he is going to be in the front office soon and his cousin is already there I believe.

and yes I am down on everything. I don't like a single thing about the organization right now and it makes me mad that I cant stop caring and watching. I don't understand why they lie to themselves and keep doubling down on the same problems.

Nobody seems to care that they just keep losing. Players, coaches or front office. Nobody seems to care and everyone is just fine with losing. Just like in 15.
They all are riding Jerrah's money.

What? Why worry?

:huh:

bigE79

Reaction score
In classic Cowboys fashion we’ll find a way to win a meaningless game and then rue the fact it happened in round after round of the draft as players we have specifically targeted get taken 1-2 picks before.
Remember how we beat a 4th string philly team a couple yrs ago 6-0 to screw up our draft standing..it's gonna happen again I fear...with that said,I hate losing..I'm conflicted...lol

Reaction score
Cowboys not shown up here in Canada, and I'm perfectly fine with it. Happy actually.

There was a time when I would run to the nearest bar to watch this game. Now i have no interest in doing, even if Covid wasn't an issue.

Hopefully the Cowboys won't hurt their future by winning today

Going to be watching Chiefs/Dolphins

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It's almost game time and I still don't know how to mentally handle this game.

I want the Cowboys to win. It's in my blood. But at the same time I don't want them to drop to far down in the draft.

This is just too weird. I wish it was week 17 already.

Carson

Reaction score
It's almost game time and I still don't know how to mentally handle this game.

I want the Cowboys to win. It's in my blood. But at the same time I don't want them to drop to far down in the draft.

This is just too weird. I wish it was week 17 already.

Just root to win. Accept it and if we lose its ok.

If the Giants and WFT lose a few, there is a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.