Game Day ***Cowboys vs Broncos post game thread***

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
i know when a team get blown out they say that team did not even show up

that was the closest i ever saw to that being true

it look like they just had a party all week and were drunk last night and went to bed at 5 am and got no sleep with how they played

they really did not show up the players and the coachs nobody did their job today except for a couple people

hard to disagree

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It might be the way the beatdown happened......never competitive in this game.....and that is the disheartening or concerning issue.

we can learn from beatdown..i still think this years team is different....we ate the cheese and got full of ourselves instead of being hungry to beat opponent...except for Parsons...he did his job well

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The problem when you stunt as much as the Cowboys do up front, it presents the opportunity to get creased when you stunt out of the gap that they are running in. The Broncos clearly prepared for this, and took advantage of it.

Yeah same old story. I feel like this has been the case for at least 5 consecutive seasons.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Hopefully Smith is ready next week.

Bills lost to the jags. No games are gimmies

Josh Allen got a bigger contract than Dak did and is also viewed as a better QB than Dak, including by some in the Anti-Dak crowd and some Cowboys fans on this forum, but they won't be calling him overrated, claiming that he can't carry a team, or say that he is being overpaid and is a bad QB. Or say none of the other things about him that is commonly used tie discredit and ridicule Dak.

mahoneybill

Reaction score
The problem when you stunt as much as the Cowboys do up front, it presents the opportunity to get creased when you stunt out of the gap that they are running in. The Broncos clearly prepared for this, and took advantage of it.

Thanks for that observation. Didn't see game, but it makes sense that they would plan for the vacant space

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
-------
kicking team gets ball back if we touch it past LOS.....never seen that before in my life....and its been 26 years since we beat Denver....that is embarrassing

wonder who paid whom to get that rule. Doesn't make sense. Should be blocked ball is live ball and whomever recovers get to keep possession.

for some reason opponent has to touch it passed LOS for kicking team to have a chance.....i had no idea

HungryLion

Reaction score
i told you guys the run D was suspect,now teams know its our big weakness and if they stick to it it will rattle our Offense too.

Our run defense is an issue. No doubt.

We can’t score 0 points in the first 3 quarters though. It’s on our offense to pressure the opposing teams offense to feel they need to abandon the run or at least pass more.

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
If you didn't watch...the 2020 Cowboys showed up. It was the recipe that everyone should know by now...

Bad Oline play....led to Prescott running for his life....a lot of dropped balls...a lot of inaccurate throws. A lot of 3 and outs...that led to losing the time of possession game.

Defense got gassed...gave up plays. Couldn't pressure without blitzing. LVE came off the field...Denver would gash us for big runs. And when we did get to 3rd down....find #30....1st down...keep drive alive.

But it all starts with the Oline...we have got to get that fixed to have any chance.

Cmac

Reaction score
Denver OL.....Players of the Week
Denver D.....Players of the Week

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Only positive from an otherwise disappointing performance, minus Parsons

Well, and that's the thing. Games like this happen. If we have to take a humble pie lesson, at least it's to an AFC team. Now the coach's need to regroup the team and get them refocused. As someone said, a loss like this can be a positive if it gets the team to refocus. We were going off the rails with the way we'd been playing and never took notice. Now, the team derailed. The coaches now have to get the train back on the tracks. Don't burn the film. Keep it around so the team can use it as motivation for the rest of the season.

Ren

Reaction score
I called this a couple of days ago, just felt like a game we’d lay an egg and man did we lay an egg

One of the worst preferences I have ever seen, I can’t think of a single positive from this game we were total crap everywhere. Even the weird stuff went against us. Never seen a blocked punt give the punting team a 1st before.

lsg13

Reaction score
Step back from the ledge people, it's one game. Still 6-2 with a favorable schedule ahead. This beatdown might be just what they needed. This place is so toxic after a loss.
LOL, the ole, "this might be what we needed" reasoning... a beatdown by a average team is never what you need, a close win against an average team is a wakeup call.
I don't think anyone who has followed this team for the past 20 years is standing on any ledge... those people jumped years ago, what you have left are those who just love abuse...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Good to see Bladasz on your list. Didn't get to see the game. Anything in particular stand out about him.

Thanks for response

Well when you need 1 lousy yard up the middle on 4th down, it's never there. This OL cannot produce the push anymore.
KM should know that by now, he's tried and failed with that situation enough times this year to know better, but apparently he hasn't learned his lesson yet.