Game Day ***Cowboys vs Broncos post game thread***

Buzzbait

Reaction score
You forgot the coaches, but it's understandable.:muttley:

True, like KM calling the same old up the gut into a brick wall play every time we go for 3rd or 4th & 1, despite the fact that so far this year that 4th and 1 up the gut crap has failed every single time they tried it this year. :banghead:

Carson

Reaction score
That's it? Don't forget the sacks....people have been trying to sell Steele all year.....never bought into it. And today was about what I thought you would see.
and this dude wanted Von Miller lol

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
True, like KM calling the same old up the gut into a brick wall play every time we go for 3rd or 4th & 1, despite the fact that so far this year that 4th and 1 up the gut crap has failed every single time they tried it this year. :banghead:
Yeah, I was saying the same thing at the time. The game calls were not up to speed this week. Add some failed QB sneaks to plays that look predictable.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score
I agree, should've kicked the FG both the 1st and 2nd time, but that didn't cost us the game. We've been there before and it didn't stop us before. We can't blame a 4th down call for the game, we just played lousy. The OL played lousy, Dak was off, the receivers were dropping the ball, and the defense was a total fail. That game was a total team failure.

No issue going for it on the first 4th down. It was 4th and 1 around the 50 yard line at the very beginning of the game so kicking a FG was not at option. Either punt or go for it. What Dak needs to see is that Denver has dropped 8 men into the box, more than you have blockers by 2 men. Either call a TO or check out of it.

The 2nd 4th down I would have kicked the FG. Just got stopped on the last possession on 4th down. Don’t blow a big return and then a solid drive by getting no pts at all out of the first 2 possessions. That gave Denver all the momentum and killed the confidence of the offense.

Could just tell them team was not prepared at all mentally for this game. Didn’t see Denver punches coming one bit.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The most frustrating thing for me today was when the Broncos had 2 and more then 15 them ran up the middle for 13 yards. We can’t let that happen so easily .

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My goodness, the play calls were terrible. When they were not terrible, the execution was terrible.

Pantone282C

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The most frustrating thing for me today was when the Broncos had 2 and more then 15 them ran up the middle for 13 yards. We can’t let that happen so easily .
Really frustrating to see that happen with regularity.

dmark1

Reaction score
I still say Dallas wins this game if they would've taken that blocked punt in fo a score. But an odd ball rule and a blocked punt leading to a first down for the TEAM THAT JUST GOT THE TEAM BLOCKED? At that point the psychology of the players went completely out the window never to return. It was one of those "its just not our day" moments for them. Denver came prepared and pissed at the build up of the game, and Dallas ate the cheese. Put the anointing oil away Boys

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score

Whenever we went into that dime defense...and took LVE off the field...they audibled and ran. Just gashing us....We got out coached and out schemed there.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score

This team is still vulnerable up the gut or off tackle plays and will give up big plays there. They do pursue better on sweeps or screens. Need a run stuffing LB to help out Parsons... thought LVE would be the solution but apparently not.

Big_C_KU

Reaction score

This happened regularly in previous years. Was sad to see it happen today because of wasn’t something that happened often so far this year.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I didn't get to respond in time to the Norwich City kit unis, but is it the stripes that remind you of the notorious malodorous skunk or the canary yellow color that completes their humiliation? Either is apropos.

The stripes remind me of Newcastle.....who are also likely getting relegated.