Game Day *** Cowboys vs Browns post game thread ***

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I do expect the defense to improve, albeit slowly, in the coming weeks. How?

We are still in a new defensive scheme, anybody that expected a top defense, even top 15 by now was way too optimistic. The new guys had no preseason games, no OTAs, they're all behind in the learning curve. Injured players will be back.

And if nothing else, they see what they're doing is not working, changes can be made.

Not to say the defense will improve a lot, but it will some...

Buzzbait

Reaction score
I'll take improvement with guys over the bench. Addition by subtraction. And *maybe* they get better.

Less Crawford, Jaylon, and Lawrence. Not Boyz!

More Gallimore, Wilson, Gregory, LVE, and Lee.

Looks like the oline must have held up. Biadasz and Knight looking ok.

The team is more fun when it's young guys getting better, over old guys getting worse, or overpaid guys underperforming.

I like that last line about the "young guys getting better" vs the "old guys getting worse, or overpaid guys underperforming".

Carson

Reaction score
To make it worse, Giants could beat the Rams. Down 1

kumizi

Reaction score
Wasn't Dontari Poe supposed to help with that?

Donati Poe and Gerald McCoy were the DTs for the Carolina Panthers in 2019. The Panthers were dead last in the NFL giving up 5.2 yards per rush attempt in 2019. DEAD LAST.

Still, we had the same delusional fans celebrating how Mike McCarthy was finally addressing the DT position for the Cowboys after JG and Marinelli disrregarded the position for a decade.

You can't make this stuff up.

JayFord

Reaction score
Someone has to call a meeting on defense this week....

that meeting needs to be a heart to heart where someone says we cant play like this youre costing us game after game

a real heart to heart where you lovingly say hey man, you guys are just playing bad...i mean real bad

Pokefan1

Reaction score
Been pulling for this team since the Ice Bowl and can never remember ever turning the game off midway through the third quarter. The defense is horrendous... sloppy arm tackling, over running plays, out of position constantly and running backs and wide receivers running wide open through the defense. Not to mention always a step late and SLOW. Stupid special team play especially that last kickoff that barely made it across midfield. Will keep pulling for them but each game is getting more depressing. Rant over.

bigE79

Reaction score
Maybe Mike should look up some stats.....we have given up the most points in the NFL....and it's not even close. 146pts through 4 games is unacceptable. We should be 0-4. :(
I'm going by what he said in the presser..but I agree with you

bigE79

Reaction score
Dak has to have a clock in his head but truth be told McCarthy ought to take some accountability it’s stupid to have Steele on an island by himself against Garrett

now if it’s up to Dak to audible max protect that way then Dak needs to be criticized but he was in their quick
I'm not disputing that,just going by what he said in the presser.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
I do expect the defense to improve, albeit slowly, in the coming weeks. How?

We are still in a new defensive scheme, anybody that expected a top defense, even top 15 by now was way too optimistic. The new guys had no preseason games, no OTAs, they're all behind in the learning curve. Injured players will be back.

And if nothing else, they see what they're doing is not working, changes can be made.

Not to say the defense will improve a lot, but it will some...
They can’t. They don’t have the players. I can tell you it’s not coaching because if you watch the players are in the right position to make the play just simply can’t. The #1 problem with this team is our DB’s unwillingness to tackle. Go watch other games. You’ll see the good defenses DB’s are excellent in run support. The truth is ours run Purposely run themselves away or out of plays because they want nothing to do with contact. It’s embarrassing. On Beckham’s reverse watch Diggs....he sprints out of bounds for no reason. And woods is just walking.

bigE79

Reaction score
And to top that off we had to have some of our people put down Baker Mayfield during the week, to elevate their guy, but today until the 4th quarter, he looked like the better quarterback.
I don't count the 4th quarter, they were on cruise control by that point and if the browns didn't go into prevent,we might not have scored again.

DallasFan64

Reaction score
OK so we pay Zek $$$$ and all he does is get a tat on his belly and wear his hair funny, oh and turnover the ball in this game. He needs to make a difference. THEN we tag Dak and give him $$$$ for this year and he had two turnovers in the game. Then we say he did good trying to come back and win? Seems like when we pay them the big $$$$ they stop trying.

I know the defense let all the points be scored on them which is also a crime!

Another thing - Can we get a coach? The last few we have had did not seem to have any drive. I am old and go back to the Staubach days and also loved Troy Aikman as our QB - you know when we would win super bowls? We also had great coaches with plans that they would execute.

Just frustrated with these snowflake players we have right now, again get $$$ and don't care. Seems like the fans want to win more than the coach or the players. Can we come up with a system where you do not get paid if you do not win - I bet they would try then? Something to motivate these guys. Right now win our loose, they get stupid money.

Just some thoughts from a LONG time Dallas fan and from TX.

DallasFan64

Reaction score
I think the problem may be that for some reason every year it is thought Dallas is going to do something I (don't mean losing as they have proven to be their only God given talent, but something positive) and the team drinks the coolaid thinking they just need to put the uniform on and show up to the game and it will translate to wining, but year after year this team has shown no heart! If they lose playing their hearts out and go 0-16, I can accept it. But the product on the field since the Super Bowl teams, have shown NOTHING but heartless losers coming to Dallas for a paycheck and that is all.
Agreed! Once they get the money - they are finished working!