Game Day Cowboys vs Buccaneers post game thread

willia451

Reaction score
Congratulations to the Cowboys on a much needed and hard fought win. Great work.

Now. On to the Lions and lets get this thing wrapped up.

landryscorner

Reaction score
Gameball: Irving
Great game by Zeke and Dak

Sick a d tiredd of the penalties and t smith killing drives is getting old ....not fair that he gets a pass for eing a great LT but his penalties cost us TD and his other penalties in other games kills drives over and over again.

Scotman

Reaction score
Listening to 105.3 The Fan. Mickey: T Crawford having a shoulder and knee issue. I think #95 will get more snaps as a result.
I'm pretty sure if Crawford's knee is completely healthy and that means Irving is on the bench...someone's going to give Tanya Harding a call to try and get a few recommendations.

Scotman

Reaction score
With all the talk of head injuries, why isn't head-butting an automatic ejection, I lost what little respect I had for the Tampa QB after that head butt.
I'll be curious to see if that draws a fine from the league. It should. And a hefty one at that.

romothesavior

Reaction score
No need to gloat.

I'm a Romo "lover" and am thrilled that Dak put the debate to rest. He could have crumbled under the pressure like so many others. But he stepped up and had one of his best performances of the season. That's a HUGELY positive sign for his future.
Ditto to all of this. Awesome poise by Dak last night!

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I'm not worried.

Randy Gregory is one failed test away from a minimum one year vacation that may never end. DeMarcus Lawrence is also in the Substances of Abuse program and has a bad back. Charles Tapper was yet to play a snap in the NFL. David Irving flashes dominance at times and is invisible at other times. Tyrone Crawford is a good player who played through a major injury last year when many would not and is playing out of position this year in order to help the unit and defense.

Terrell McClain, Jack Crawford and Ryan Davis are all set to become unrestricted free agents.

Some new players are a must.
I really do like McClain, if he can stay healthy this guy is a player. He and Collins make a nice pair in the middle. They seem to feed off each other.

Tommy

Reaction score
Reality check on Linehan and play calling.
You can't run the ball well when they stack the line...that's when you get stuffed and why you don't convert short yardage runs.
Dak controls the play call at the line, just like the toss on 3rd and 11 last week.

TB picked when to stack the box and when to play soft; Dak took advantage of the run defense, and when they backed off and only had 6 in the box, he let Zeke and the OL do it, like the big run at end.

Other than the jet sweep, the playcalling never stopped us. Penalties and a few missed blocks are the only thing that stopped us.
The casual fan prefers a more simplistic approach. This thought requires a little too much thought and understanding of the game.

Lets just keep blaming the coaches for every negative play.

Eddie

Reaction score
Team came back big. The lose to the Gnats really took a lot out of us ... including the fans. The Bucs win was a great bounce back against a team fighting for their playoff lives.

Would, could, shoulda ... but we made this game closer than it should have been. We should have hung 40 on those guys.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's done.

And Tyrone Crawford's 2017 base salary ($7.25M) is already guaranteed for injury and becomes full guaranteed on the third day of the '17 league year.

Dallas could avoid that by designating TC as a June release, but I'm not expecting such a move.

Crawford is a good player who appears to be overpaid at this time. We need good players no matter the size of their paycheck.

There's enough work to be done next year without creating another hole.

You don't pay "good players" "great player" money. There's simply no justifying it. Not only is he grossly overpaid, he has no true role in this defense anymore. Collins and McClain are doing just fine as the starting defensive tackles (with Thornton spelling them), and Irving is obviously more disruptive at defensive end.

If the team can get out of this awful deal, they should. Otherwise, they'll be forced to watch players like McClain leave because they can't afford them.

MSCowboyFan

Reaction score
I thought the3rd down pass that Carr tried to intercept and went off his hands for a td was the play that changed the game.

NO doubt about it. He bats it down, we roll the rest of the way. I was livid about that. Selfish and stupid on his part.

pansophy

Reaction score
Ditto to all of this. Awesome poise by Dak last night!
I was never ever worried Dak was going to crack mentally. I simply saw him getting knocked off of his spot resulting in his mechanics breaking down.

Not sure that issue is put to rest, and we may end up like the Steelers Big Ben's rookie year when he just didn't have enough to get the Steelers through the playoffs -- but it is what it is.

fishspill

Reaction score
Yeah, Zeke CAN do it but I'd rather wrap up HF next week vs. Lions and rest him in Philly. Let DMC and Dunbar bang heads with the Iggles
I would try for the rookie record if he's within 70 or 80 yards. He'd already have the week off coming so I don't know if an extra week would be good or bad. I'd hate for him to get 2 weeks and come out flat in the playoffs.