Game Day ***Cowboys vs Buccaneers Post-Game Thread***

lsg13

Reaction score
It seems to me that it's mainly non-running QBs, non-escape artists (in other words, pocket passers) who realize when a play is over for them and dump it out of bounds. Part of the product of being able to successfully run or successfully escape is the belief that you can do it in practically any situation.
He was running to his left backward toward the sideline, he was going nowhere with no chance to complete a pass, he better learn when to save those points.

lsg13

Reaction score
how many times have we left great QB's enough time to go down the field and beat us, happens every time we play a great QB.
But worst of all is that we end up relying on our defense to win us the game... I can't remember the last time that happen.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
The ref thing is part of the game but a bad part of the game and worth mentioning, it's a great game and the the official basically ignored an obvoius call that was the basic end of the game play... make the call and let the players determine who wins, TB still might have won but at least it would have be within the rules.

There are no moral victories in professional sports, that's for little leaguers.

I agree Kellen really doesn't know how or doesn't have the patience to use the run game effectively.
There are no moral victories in professional sports.....so if dallas had lost 31-0 you would feel the same way about the cowboys and this season??o_O
The bottom line is it was a loss, but I knew going in they were going to lose some games this season lol, and this was not a bad loss.

About the opi, I didnt think it was bad enough to throw a flag.

Dallas lost because they could not score a td on that last drive, settled for a fg, and left brady plenty of time for a drive.
That is why they lost.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
There are no moral victories in professional sports.....so if dallas had lost 31-0 you would feel the same way about the cowboys and this season??o_O
The bottom line is it was a loss, but I knew going in they were going to lose some games this season lol, and this was not a bad loss.

Dallas lost because they could not score a td on that last drive, settled for a fg, and left brady plenty of time for a drive.
That is why they lost.
Bull****. Dallas lost because they couldn’t stop Brady. If you score 29 pts you should win so get the hell outta here with your bs.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Dak not being able to drive for the TD and having to settle for a FG late really wasn't his fault, it was the holding call that killed that opportunity, something we've become way to accustom to... shooting our selves in the foot, did it at the end of the first half as well.
yeah I am not blaming dak, he played good, this was a team loss, which includes the coaches.
But if they had driven in for the td, then brady would have had to score a td, which it looked like maybe he would have, but if dallas drove for a td
most of the time would have been eaten up, maybe all of it.
Thats what is needed to win a lot of games, because if the other team just needs a fg, it doesnt take long and isnt that hard to get in range.

lsg13

Reaction score

That is why they lost.

No, no moral victories, doesn't matter if they lose 31-0 or 31-29, it doesn't get you anything other than a loss. It doesn't matter how I feel about the team, it only matters how many wins they can compile before the playoffs.

The opi was no doubt enough to get a flag, I don't even see how you can watch that and not believe he push the defender off?

I agree they needed to run the clock down and score a TD but the holding call was a killer on that drive, at that point I think we all knew what was about to happen.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Well Fur if dak takes it in for a td instead of settling for fg, good chance they win , as in driving it in for td would have also eaten the time up.
Not saying it was daks fault, this was a team loss, but I really dont see how anyone would complain about losing 31-29 to last years SB champs and goatman lol.
I was impressed, and never expected a win.

What is important is the next 4 games, dallas should win all 4 , and go into NE 4-1.
If they can beat bellichek, then they are 5-1 and looking good, and have a bye week.

Before this game I thought the chargers might beat them, but now I think Dallas will win. Have to see how chargers play 1st game though.

Yup, the schedule becomes more favourable now except for the Pats and Chiefs games, and to ights game has me confident for those games too.

lsg13

Reaction score
yeah I am not blaming dak, he played good, this was a team loss, which includes the coaches.
But if they had driven in for the td, then brady would have had to score a td, which it looked like maybe he would have, but if dallas drove for a td
most of the time would have been eaten up, maybe all of it.
Thats what is needed to win a lot of games, because if the other team just needs a fg, it doesnt take long and isnt that hard to get in range.
True they have to learn to manage the clock better and stop making the drive killing penalties, it's discipline and they tend to lose it at the end of games... hopefully they will learn from it and that includes the coaching staff. I definitely think they were driving for the TD but with the holding call and being 3rd and 16 it was going to be very tough to get a TD... they had to kick the FG and just hope for something unusual to happen on D, like a stop.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That is why they lost.
Oh, that OPI was definitely bad enough to throw a flag. There were Tom Brady fans where I was (Massachusetts), and even they were saying there should've been a flag.

triplets_93

Reaction score
True they have to learn to manage the clock better and stop making the drive killing penalties, it's discipline and they tend to lose it at the end of games... hopefully they will learn from it and that includes the coaching staff. I definitely think they were driving for the TD but with the holding call and being 3rd and 16 it was going to be very tough to get a TD... they had to kick the FG and just hope for something unusual to happen on D, like a stop.

Yet, I don't fancy living on that kind of hope.
You Play to Win, and you Don't Play to Not Lose.

Austin 3-16

Reaction score
This is our lot in life. It just would've have been weird if they'd won in that situation. I accept mediocrity, I welcome mediocrity.

Last edited:

Mark

Reaction score
Jerruh's Cowboys are all hat, and no cattle. Always have been. Jimmy J. built a team that hasn't been replicated since.

lwehlers

Reaction score
what an awful loss. choked again. this team is like a broken record. this loss makes me wonder sometimes if this team will ever win again. oh well still have sixteen games left to see how much more games they can give away.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dak just said this is a PROCESS and the teams message is they will continue to FIGHT.

umm didn't the guy who used to preach that become public enemy number 1?

It was usually spoken after a bad loss.

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I guess all of the crybabies came out after everyone went to sleep. I guess they lost just so the pablum pukers could chew their cud.