Game Day ***Cowboys vs Buccaneers Post-Game Thread***

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It isnt that simple, if he makes it and the x point, the game takes a different path, it would not play out the same way.Everything changes.

But you said if Dallas would have scored a TD, then that would make a difference, but if all kicks were made; the score still would favor Dallas. Why is your comment right and his comment wrong when they both yield points?

kevm3

Reaction score
THIS is the year where the FO needs to be active and get a trade going. Shore up that CB spot and DT and we're going to be a very tough team to deal with

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Most of you got the result that you wanted and still are not happy. Of course, many of you said they had no chance, but were proven wrong.

Shinaoi

Reaction score
Most of you got the result that you wanted and still are not happy. Of course, many of you said they had no chance, but were proven wrong.

I think the offense is good enough to win a bunch of games and hopefully be close in the loses. I just think the offense is gonna have to play over their weight and near perfect to make up for the defense.

Cmac

Reaction score
Oh come on! Dak threw the ball 58 times. He put the team in position to win. 2 missed field goals and a missed XP proved to be the difference, along with no Zach Martin. Dak put us in position to win. We were in the lead. All the defence has to do is make ONE stop. THat's damn good for Dak, especially going against the GOAT.

Dak played well, indeed...….but the game left more "All the defense has to do is make one stop".....there was a lot more exhibited out there. BTW....we typically get out-coached on a regular basis.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
But you said if Dallas would have scored a TD, then that would make a difference, but if all kicks were made; the score still would favor Dallas. Why is your comment right and his comment wrong when they both yield points?
because the td I was referring to was at the end of the game and quite possible would have ran all the time out.
The kicks he was referring to were in the 1st half.
anytime people say if only he would have scored there or done this or that, not fumble, they dont realize if they had done something different it changes the
course of the game, it wont play out the same way.
only things at the very end of games can you say that about, but they too would change game, just usually not enough to affect the outcome.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Oh, that OPI was definitely bad enough to throw a flag. There were Tom Brady fans where I was (Massachusetts), and even they were saying there should've been a flag.
none of them or us are nfl refs though. what fans say is usually meaningless.
There is no conspiracy by refs or nfl to help bucs and brady win games.
Brady does tend to have good luck, I will go along with that.

JustChip

Reaction score
I mean, Zuerlein cost us a bunch, Lamb cost us a bunch. But what we will all remember is that non-OPI call which was an absolute joke. Dude pushed off with both hands and it wasn't even hidden well. Even my cat seen it.
Yeah, well, your cat licks himself so maybe we’ll not listen to him. :)

Preoccupied

Reaction score
THIS is the year where the FO needs to be active and get a trade going. Shore up that CB spot and DT and we're going to be a very tough team to deal with

This

Passing game defence, work in progress, the DC priority is improvement, and I hope it will, I think it has already compared to last year ( anything is an improvment over last year )
Its a pass happy NFL so that challenge is easier said than done. And also lets see how we do against a team with a good running game plan.
Only then will the DC know the whats what of his unit.
It may take what you stated a trade or even a draft to get some key players in the above areas.
But we can focus on those areas as the offence is fine.

*There will be games where the offence will not perform and this forum will scorn and torch those people as is the norm.
*There will be the ususal coaching decisions that make you wonder ( the 4th and 6 was mine )

But overall tweak the D, most of us knew the D was the issue coming into the seaon so lets see how the D moves forward game to game.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Prescott played at a very high level considering how long he's been off.
The O line needs work.
Conner Williams is a back up.
Brown is a liability in the secondary, he's playing like he always has, from behind and never turns to the ball.
What running game?
Special teams was awful. We win the game if not for misses. Field position was horrible. Our covers were very bad.
Lamb started off slow and needs to focus on the catch.
The defense still can't stop the run, none of the LBers stood out to me, and the D line didn't get to Brady nearly enough.
When we spread out, they couldn't stop us. When our formations were compact in the middle, we were not effective.

It was a great game against a great team on the road, I'm feeling good if we make some changes. We legit should have won the game.

MikeB80

Reaction score
The Cowboys had not lost to Tampa since 03 and they had never lost when playing the defending champs in week 1.

Jstopper

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The ending was so...........darn........predictable.
Zuerlein should be sent packing tomorrow.
And still not convinced that defense is that much better.
But it was Brady after all.......

a blind man can see that defense is much better

Starforever

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
because the td I was referring to was at the end of the game and quite possible would have ran all the time out.
The kicks he was referring to were in the 1st half.
anytime people say if only he would have scored there or done this or that, not fumble, they dont realize if they had done something different it changes the
course of the game, it wont play out the same way.
only things at the very end of games can you say that about, but they too would change game, just usually not enough to affect the outcome.

How about the OPI, at the end of the game?

MikeB80

Reaction score
They lost 10-6 in 2015 to Tampa.

Nice. I totally forgot about that. That is the Dez play at the end where he was interfered with and they didnt call it. Cassell actually made a good throw and dez should have drew a flag.

I forgot about this game when thinking of the games vs tampa through the years.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

Yeah, it would be nice to see the team be proactive, but I'm not expecting it.